1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eidur Gudjonsson joins on loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Jan 31, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Did not see this one coming. I am a bit baffled to be fair. He was a great player at Chelsea and Barca, but not sure what he will bring to the team. I suppose experience and his ability to link up with midfielders could be useful. Good luck to him though.

2. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Dont see where he will fit in.
    With Zamora back soon, really cant see him playing, when you look at it we've got great strength in depth.
    What are you hoping our line-up will be when zamora returns?
    Im going for something like;
    Schwarzer,
    Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Baird
    Dempsey, Etuhu/Murphy/Sidwell, Dembele, Duff
    AJ, Zamora

3. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Hello Gilly,

Great to have some familiar faces on this site. I too am not sure where Eidur will fit in. He is a talented player that can make things happen, so may be he could play the dembele role. Obviously he can score as well so may play as cover up front. What has impressed me is that he is paying stoke 10,000 a week out of his own pocket to play for us, so the lad is committed, a trait that is good to see in this day and age.

As for the return of Bobby, to me he will replace AJ. Him and Dembele looked good early season, hopefully he will be as good as he was pre injury.

4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

You given up on Hughes taking a liking to Gera ?

Im going for something like;
    Schwarzer,
    Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Baird
    Dempsey, Etuhu/Murphy/Sidwell, Dembele, Duff
    AJ, Zamora

Not sure what to make of Gudjonsson, but now we got him let's see what he can do for us.I'll reserve judgement at this stage.

5. frogman27

frogman27 Member

morning COYW,

Agree about Gudjonsson, we will have to see what Hughes has in mind for him. From his transfers so far, he seems to know what he wants from them. I have to assume that Hughes thinks he can fill a position.

Do you think he will go with the standard 4 - 4 -1- 1 or try a more conventional 4 - 4 -2 with AJ and Zamora up top together.

As for Gera, I feel for the guy. He was the inspiration for us last season, especially in Europe where I thought his influence was essential. For some reason though Hughes does not use him so much. May be it is because Dembele has taken his role. What I will say though is that Gera and Zamora had an intuitive partnership last season, so his return could see Gear used more. I hope so as he is a fans favourite.