1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg - Southampton v Liverpool 7:45 pm 11/1/2017

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Jan 7, 2017.

1. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Parents evening? That's what we would have told you. She would have been wined and dined mate.

fatletiss likes this.
  2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That would have been a double bonus... one less thing for me to do :D

thereisonlyoneno7, Libby and VVD like this.
  3. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Northam Row N Block 43 & I never heard & glad I didnt.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Fair post, a few points:

I agree on the strange acoustics of the ground, mentioned it yesterday how it's weird different parts heard it but fans inbetween (such as yourself & Jaidi) didn't hear it.

The song itself, up until a couple of years ago, I must admit, always thought refferred to Heysel more than anything.

No doubt what they thought though, don't think I've seen supporters so angry (hurt even) at a song. The fact the 'Justice, for the 96' song was sung immediately afterwards also tells you what they thought.

As for your last paragraph, I'm not expecting 'outrage'. In fact, I'm not expecting anything. Just saying I'm suprised that's all, not sure how relevant hearing it yourself is as it clearly was sung, alluded to by 3 different posters in different parts of the ground.

Plenty of people on here have slated both Liverpool & United fans for these songs in the past without actually 'hearing' them.

Sorry Vin, like I say, I think that's irrelevant really. Kind of strikes me as a "I didn't hear it so it didn't happen" sweep sweep mindset.

Saints_Alive and Onionman like this.
  5. Libby

Libby 9-0

On the other hand, not giving it attention might make people think it's okay?

Either way, I hope none of the twats in question are going to Anfield, as if people sing it up there, I can see serious post match problems.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone that didn't hear it is thinking, "I didn't hear it so it didn't happen" with a "sweep, sweep mindset" as you so delightfully put it. I find that a little unnecessary. You want everyone to express their disgust? It does disgust me that people would sing about something like that. It shouldn't happen. There.

Not sure that you needed to keep on and on about it though. Seems you are on a crusade.

VVD likes this.
  7. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The singing of "shoot the Pompey scum" and the booing of Lovren in a cup semi-final made me cringe.

Missing Lambo and Archers Road like this.
  8. Libby

Libby 9-0

Reading back I regret adding the 'sweep sweep'... you're right it was unnecessary and I apologise for that.

I don't WANT people to to do anything. I just said I was suprised that not many had. There's a difference. Just seems we're quick to (rightly) condemn other fans for unsavoury incidents so expected there to be a few comments.

Not on a crusade at all... yesterday morning I said my bit and said I didn't want to go on about it. After that I only responded to people who quoted me.

Yes, I mentioned it again this morning as some others have and because I am disappointed still. It left a real sour note on a night which should have been one of the best nights in my supporting of Saints.

I'm done with it now anyway, but if people quote me on it, then I'm going to respond mate <ok>

9. Libby

Libby 9-0

I tried placing a bet with Tom as we walked up Brittainia road that 'shoot the Pompey scum' would be sang before the 2nd minute. His response was "I'm not taking that!!" <laugh>

As it happened it was before ko anyway!

Onionman likes this.
  10. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

I've condemned our fans for lots of things, all of which I've heard (and often responded to) directly. I dislike our fans* with an intensity that could melt steel.

If I were to condemn everything that was reported on here I'd be too busy to make well-crafted, startlingly coherent, witty, erudite posts on all the other subjects on which I choose to pontificate. The world would be a poorer place for it, frankly.

Vin

* All of them, without any exceptions. Including you and everyone else who posts on here.

11. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Tbh mate, it sounds like not many of us heard it. It's still shameful of course, but it can't have been that many people, didn't hear a peep from where I sit. Heard the Lovren boos loud and clear though. They're not funny anymore - well, "I wanna knowowowo..." raised half a chuckle from me.

12. Archers Road

Me too.

Love Liverpool. And after weds, I can actually look forward to going there now.

VVD and Libby like this.
  13. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'm going to leave it now anyway mate. Maybe it wasn't as many as I thought but it seemes like a few hundred at least to me.

Like I say though, case closed for me now unless someone addresses me directly on it <ok>

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

On a more important note, anyone driving up n back from Soton for away leg? :)

15. Archers Road

Was glad Lallalalalana didn't get booed though.

The twat.

......loading...... likes this.
  16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

No <whistle>

17. Libby

Libby 9-0

Hope you're looking after Ted for us mate, I'll be back on 25th with my magic summons <whistle>

18. Red Hadron Collider

I don't know where this notion has come from.You were clearly the better side and deserved to win by more than 1. You were much the better side and every 'Pool supporter I know says the same <ok>

Libby likes this.
  19. oldstocktonsaint

oldstocktonsaint Well-Known Member

Tee shirt weather in Stockton. Light dusting of snow overnight but daffodils still trying to be up by weekend.

20. Red Hadron Collider

A ban awaits both of you <ok> <laugh>