1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg - Southampton v Liverpool 7:45 pm 11/1/2017

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mr_Saintly

Mr_Saintly Well-Known Member

Read that as 'how many people do you think we'll sell'.. thought you were selling our players off <yikes>

Libby likes this.
  2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

My son's parents' evening for his final year at school to assess his current levels and work. Both he and I think Mum could do it on her own * :emoticon-0112-wonde

* I just need him to tell her that

3. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

I thought it was a an excellent piece of skill that was just 10mm off being brilliant.

Also feel obligated to comment that rather than cleared, the ball looked to me like it bounced out off an unaware Lovren. The only way that goal could have been any better would have been bouncing IN off an unaware Lovren. For this I cannot forgive Redmond.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

Lovren had no idea where the ball was, if he had it would have been a penalty as the ball bounced off his arm. That said, he got himself in a very good position so, grudgingly, I'll give him credit for that.

5. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Itchen, block 3.

6. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Me too.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

8. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Hillsborough chants? Disgraceful if true. I only heard "Justice for the 96" from the Liverpool fans, and that was applauded by many of us in the Northam who stand along side the opposition fans (block 42).

Archers Road likes this.
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

Another day passed.

Still embarrassed and disgusted.

Kind of suprised at the seemingly lack of people condemning it on here as well tbh.

10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said at the time. I sit right next to the press box (literally right next to it) so I get the benefit of the little TVs they have and straight away saw the reply from all sky TV angles and J Rod was pretty much blocked. Think he was more frustrated he didn't square it a few yards earlier as J rod would have been 1 v 1

11. thereisonlyoneno7

You need to go, I hear they do a nice Lamb Stew at the Old Farmhouse midweek and I'm sure you could find someone to treat you :)

fatletiss likes this.
  12. fatletiss

Wouldn't do me much good with the game in Liverpool though :)

13. fatletiss

Perhaps people didn't hear it. I didn't. Perhaps people don't want to keep giving the idiots that behaved like that further attention.

Fly likes this.
  14. Austin's Long Rod

Austin's Long Rod New Member

Does anyone know when league cup final tickets go on sale and where from? Never been to a final might take a punt on us holding that lead...

15. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Apologies in advance if this gets anyone's back up.

I was in block 41 and didn't hear a thing - sound travels in odd ways in St Marys.

As for the song, even if I'd heard "always the victim, never to blame" I'd always assumed it was a general anti-Scouse chant. It's a sentiment I heard regularly in the late 70s and early 80s when I was a schoolboy in Sheffield. My father would spout off in the corner of the living room about the belligerence of the Scousers and how they always blamed other people for their employment problems while they were always the first out on strike in car plants and docks. My dad wasn't out of step on that; I heard it from plenty of people and it was a common theme (I even heard it in 1985 from a scouser who managed me in my second job and I heard it recently from a scouser who is a customer and said he feels embarrassed that when people hear his name they think "victim").

So, for all those reasons it would never have occurred to me that it was anything at all to do with Hillsborough.

I wouldn't have joined in in the first place (Onionman Jr and I never sing any songs about opposing fans whomever they might be - including Portsmouth - and no matter how funny the song might be) and now that I know the provenance of the song, I'm happy to condemn it. In the same way I would condemn Munich songs and, only slightly less so, the "When I was just a little boy..." or the vile "pompey fan on a stick..." Saints songs. Football crowds should behave as individuals not as mobs.

However, I wouldn't really expect outrage over something that most of us seem not to have heard.

Vin

Fly, davecg69 and Whiteley Saint like this.
  16. thereisonlyoneno7

Lol, I thought i posted on the Norwich thread :)

fatletiss likes this.
  17. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Bought tickets to the second leg :1980_boogie_down:<party>:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Pack your thermals....I can only imagine what it will be like oop north after our blanket of snow.

SheFellOver likes this.
  19. fatletiss

Damn, I had you earmarked for attending parents' evening with the wife.... now where's my list of candidates?

20. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Two wrongs don't make a right but I am fairly sure that the Scouse fans have made equal or worse chants in their time, and most of them would be used to the abuse aimed at them over the years, much of it has been deserved, no excuse for any of ours to do it, it ain't Saintly and hope it is never repeated.