1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

I mean im the son of two immigrants myself so know the bennedits we can bring to the society and economy, but lefty hand wringing wont put this country back togheter.

No one said "send them back", no one said "no more immigrants".

I just care about the country i was born in, im too busy looking out for myself and family to care about not being pc enough for you..

fevriul likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I get peoples concerns on immigration, I do.
    Its definitely an issue. But its not my main reason for wanting out of the EU.
    As far as immigration from Syria goes, we are one of the least effected EU countries.

Also, to whomever said about 750,000 ISIS sympathising Turks coming to the UK.
    If they sympathise with ISIS, why on earth would they be fleeing them to come here? That makes no sense.
    Are there going to be some Covert terrorists who sneak into EU countries as supposed immigrants? Yes, undoubtedly, but I doubt there will be any more than there were before the Syrian Civil War, its not like sneaking into Europe, getting European Citizenship, and then moving to the UK was ever hard anyway! And like Stan said, there are far more UK terrorists moving FROM the UK to Syria than the other way around.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I agree. You can take political correctness and throw it in the bin, where it belongs.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

No one's ever called me PC before! Definitely a first!

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Colonies across the pond also say the same thing nowadays.

Every country is same.

Why cannot they continue to keep Turks out rather than you leaving EU?

6. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

I also suspect the 7/11 bombers were converted by hate preachers like Abu Hamza yet we allowed him his like to incite racial hatred on our streets for years.

People like this should be jailed then extradited.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. Stan

Stan Stalker

That I completely agree with. How Hamza was allowed to stand on the streets and preach his hate so publicly for so long is a total ****ing mystery. Imagine someone doing similar about the Nazis in 1939.

8. King Ossie64

Have to agree with Bod re Saddam Hussain, he was no threat but what he did do was give stability and kept the Kurds and other factions inn check.

Ocassionally he shook a fist at isreal but was worth keeping until the USA & Britain decided the oil would come in handy.

9. King Ossie64

With regards to Tony Blair (war criminal) its so predictable that the damning evidence of the Chilcot report is being deliberately held back until he dies or has retired to a country where he can't be extradited from. Hate this murdering **** with a passion.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Not my fault he done bad. Me just tried to teach him music bwana.

11. King Ossie64

Ouch F sharp!

12. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe that many of us would be that bothered about Remy not being able to play for us? He's spent more time injured and on the bench than on the pitch while here. Anyway, the EU project is a corrupt and expensive mess with an inability to stop illegal immigrants crossing its borders. There's a whole world outside the EU to trade with and from a football perspective we already bring in high calibre players from South America.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

HAHA, like i said on another board, Anyone who makes their EU vote decision based on how it will affect their football team, needs to be strung up and beaten like a pinata.
    I love football as much as the next man, but seriously, some things are more important.
    I take it this was a Pro-EU scare monger tactic <laugh>

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Definitely. The country comes first.

15. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

The history of multi-nation super states is not a happy one; whether it's under the control of an empire (Austro-Hungarian, Ottoman) or a Politburo (Soviet Union) I suspect the EU will be no exception. All a superstate will do is put national aspirations into a deep freeze which will go into a rapid thaw when the next economic crisis erupts. The current apparatus is fundamentally undemocratic and increasingly lacking in accountability making our system of government irrelevant; I suspect that people will be bullied into voting for the EU, after all with an impending tax-payer funded leaflet campaign Cameron couldn't possibly fail.....could he?

Bwood_Ranger and Bristol Blue like this.
  16. King Ossie64

Everybody has a view whether it's in or out, what Cameron is doing is fundamentally wrong. His view should be his own but then he has an adgenda just like Blair had. Lining up a possible job on the gravy train when his career is shot to pieces.

Blueman likes this.
  17. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Wish that scare mongering twatt Obama would **** off and mind his own business.
    The brain washing has started,the british public will fall for it and we'll end up staying in.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Maybe it's just what most people want. Still undecided myself.

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

On reflection I'm for staying in. The main argument for exiting seems to be "immigration" which I don't believe to actually be relevant to the in/out debate. Immigration can be controlled with a considered plan which the war criminal Blair never bothered to implement. European immigration into the UK doesn't have to be an open ticket and Syrian/Iraqi etc immigration is a humanitarian issue we have to deal with as the UK is culpable simply because as a nation we elected the aforementioned war criminal Blair. I never voted for the **** but accept that we have to minimise the damage the bastard did in his pursuit to become very wealthy.

Staying in is good for business. I also think we can stay in on our terms. It's not like we ever adopted the euro. They need us. The Germans definitely need us as if we leave they're ****ed.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter either way, having read up on the EU, it is doomed anyway.
    If we stay in, then it will be no more in 6 years anyway.
    By 2020, Turkey will be a part of the EU, then the EU borders will reach Syria, and it will go haywire.
    Also, its an unsustainable model, because it is being run so inefficiently, that I really don't think it matters whether we stay in or not.

I heard someone on the radio say its UnBritish for us to flee, which made me laugh. Its even less British for us to accept Dominion over our sovereignty.
    Also our "Britishness" is poison to what the EU stands for, and is something that, if we stay, will be stripped from our country, so its good that person can play the "Unbritish card" while they can, because the EUs homogeny will soon strip that from us, even in the EUs final 6 years.
    We WILL have to adopt the Euro if we stay, there is no question of that, the EU, for too long, have let the UK have its cake and eat it. We get ALL the benefits of EU membership, with hardly any of the negative consequences that our EU allies have had to put up with (giving up their currency, a forced amount of immigrants being pushed on us). We have been given preferential trade deals in order that we can keep our currency, and this has pissed A LOT of EU countries off.

Obama is a ****ing melt, and a hypocrite. There is no chance in a million years the US would accept an attack on their sovereignty like this. To have open borders with Mexico, to have legislation that affects the running of their country be dictated to them by Canada, Mexico, Venezuala etc. Dave is really pulling out all the stops to scare us into staying in.
    What we will see in the next election is what happened to Scotland in the last election, where Labour was ousted in favour of the SNP because of their failed referendum to pull out of the UK. In England we may see record number of UKIP votes as a backlash amongst the disgruntled because we stayed in the EU......Especially if Farage steps down as UKIP leader and someone charismatic steps in.....its gonna happen if we stay in.

Diego likes this.