1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Edinbugh SACKED

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 5, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

........... is what I would expect if the team do not win 4 out of 4 on Saturday ! -- what do I mean ?
    Well, we have beaten the other three teams that currently occupy the bottom 4 places - although it has to be said that they were hardly overwhelming victories.
    v Southend 3-1 had to come from behind - Can you remember when J E-T looked interested ?
    v Shrewsbury 3-2 we were 0-2 and lucky it wasn't 0-4 at half time - at least we tried for once
    v Coventry 2-1 another 'comeback' - goodness knows how Coventry didn't win - they certainly played the better football.
    v Oldham ? consecutive home game against team at bottom of the league !

and these are the best bits of the season - so far !!

The other games ( with the exception of Bury on Day 1 ) were WORSE

It may be that these are must win games in what might easily turn out to be a season where we're looking out for 'safety.' We are struggling to not to concede 2+ goals per game, and struggling to create 1+ chance per game.

I did have some sympathy for the manager - he hasn't been helped by the injury situation - but the management team must take responsibility for the inbalance regarding recruitment of the correct 'positional' personnel. This issue extended from at least January - i.m.o we needed another striker to help with the 'promotion push'. -- problems of cover in other positions have subsequently arisen - and remain unresolved many months later -- and in the meantime the management team continue to sign players with pre existing injuries - or players who are many weeks away from fitness ( what a huge waste of time ).

JE has failed to get cover. He has consistently used players 'out of position' when ( despite the injuries ), better options were available. He has consistently kept the wrong formation - for too long in matches - only changing things when there was a mountain to climb. He obviously has personal issues with players such as Wright and Hessenthaler - by not considering them ( especially Jake ), when changes needed to be made ---- I wouldn't have minded if the changes were successful. JE has failed to insert rockets int J E-T. - and, now it would seem into Nelson !

All things considered, JE is running out of discretion he can expect because of the injuries. He has an apparent inability to see what's going wrong - and not addressing the issues ( with players who, on paper, are good enough to play much better football ). Basically his inability to 'manage' is causing too many of the problems we're suffering.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    grumpygit likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

bloody heck alwaysright...you got me going with that title hahaha

3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Our season starts on Saturday!

Just not sure which Saturday. <doh>

4. brb

brb CR250

Only just noticed your sig <laugh>

5. alwaysright

I 've decided to tone down what I really want to say - it would be similar to that given by Rory Donnelly to Wimbledon fans --- but I would feel like using more fingers - but for my dignity - I won't ! ---- only because I do not know JE ( as a person ) - and have NO reason to suspect that he is not a charming individual - but - as a football manager :
    His record is shocking. His 'management' - from recruitment ( of the lame and bags of cement ), is poor. His tactical ability is poor. The quality of his football is poor.
    He has had plenty of time and reasonable backing from Mr.Scally to give Gills fans a lot better than we've been getting.
    Mr.Edinburgh - I'd be happy to buy you a pint - but only at your 'leaving do' ( can we do that tomorrow ? )

ps----------------- Can anyone guess how I really feel ?

6. brb

brb CR250

Nothing i disagree with in there. Well said.

Pre season other team supporters even in higher leagues were expecting us to perform well, especially with the backing the chairman had given JE.

JE now has two choices either turn this around but i'm struggling to believe you will, or do yourself and our club a favour and walk away with dignity and call it a day at Priestfield yourself. If you do the latter you will leave with respect more so than waiting for the sword and do not underestimate Scally, he can be ruthless when the time calls. Ask Maddog...call a friend....or ask the audience!!!

7. alwaysright

8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Unfortunately my number 1 choice to replace JE if he is sacked is now favourite for the Rotherham job. Shame but Gillingham could have been a good fit for Kenny Jackett too.