1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eddie Howe: We wish Wilshere all the best but no thanks.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Citizen Kane, May 12, 2017.

1. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe confirms that there is no interest on their part in making Wilshere's loan move a permanent one ahead of next season.

Wilshere failed to make much of an impact over there, despite remaining relatively injury-free (by his standards). Was his ability at Arsenal simply amplified by the quality of a Cazorla playing next to him?

At 25 years old, he should be on the brink of hitting his peak. He isn't 'young' anymore, especially by modern standards.

Does the man who loves Tot'num have a future in football?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39895010

2. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

There was a period of a few months between two of his big injuries when he really looked good, think he was our man of the match like 10 games in a row. He got injured again though and has been awful ever since

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Always been **** and overrated and laughable that he was man of the match 10 in a row. I know he had blinders in maybe 2 or 3 in a row following on some wonder goals at the end of the season.

Not physical enough and i actually think he doesn't have much of a footballing brain. Technically he was good enough but you need the whole package unfortunately and he's injury prone

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Shame for Wilshere, there was a point of his career that looked like he was going to be a big star. But his progression has stalled and injuries have taken their toll, can't see him continuing to have a place at Arsenal. We'd be best selling him to somebody like West Ham.

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Well he ticks all the boxes. Sullivan has heard of him, he's injury prone, over-rated and going downhill. It's the very epitome' of a Sullivan 'marquee' signing

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

And I thought I was a miserable git <laugh>

gooner4ever and PINKIE like this.
  7. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Never got the hype in Wilshere. He doesn't score or assist enough.

8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Why are Tottenham fans still soo obsessed with Wilshere?

9. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I think the more relevant question is: why is he so obsessed with us?

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

You mean he made a few public comments unlike half the Tottenham squad make about us every ****ing year?

Interesting how Arsenal fans don't give a toss about Tom Huddlestone and the likes.

Last edited: May 13, 2017

11. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Wilshere has talent but is brittle so he will never have a long run of games before he gets injured again, which is sad as he could be very good

12. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

He's suffered too many injuries which is a shame because he could have been a good player.

TheBear likes this.
  13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Hard to gauge Wilshere but he started off brightly in his career but never quite proved his class. Should he leave Arsenal and go to another club, they will need to workout an overall strategy training wise and on the pitch to get the best out of him and prolong his playing career. I don't think he should stay at Arsenal for this reason, otherwise his career will continue go nowhere.

14. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

We need to be more ruthless, been a failing for years. Real shame for Jack with the injuries but time to move on.

15. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

When Wilshere was 16 or 17, Stan ****ing Collymore of all people actually said that Wilshere because of his running style and the way he plays would have problems with injuries, as well having a brittle body, Wilshere has still not learned how to ride challenges and sometimes like a moron he just goes into tackles without a moments thought, he might have learnt those things had he played more games, but I guess because of the injuries he is still lacks experience despite approaching the peak age of a footballer,he still plays like a raw kid.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Not convinced Wilshere was ever that good. His 'best' games came when he was surrounded by Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie. Even Denilson didn't look too abysmal having several top class players around him carrying him along to mask his mediocrity.

At Bournemouth we've seen his natural level. He's a mid-table footballer at best, overrated by the media because he's English.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    BobbyD likes this.
  17. PeterRICK

I thought he had the potential to be as good as anyone. I used to watch him in the Carling cup games controlling the match against grown men and scoring/assisting for fun. Hype, successive injuries and poor game management seems to have ruined his chances of reaching the top. I hope he can overcome his problems but I'd rather it's not with us. We've spent long enough nurturing injury blighted players in the hope they'd come good again.

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, which games were those? He's scored 1 league cup goal in 13 appearances in his entire career. And given most of those matches would have been against league 17 cannon fodder, I wouldn't necessarily call that 'scoring for fun'

BobbyD likes this.
  19. PeterRICK

Was it just the one?! I know he scored against Sheffield United but could have sworn he did the same against Wigan too. Maybe I'm getting confused with Vela... I maintain he was superb to watch back then.

20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

So were Denilson, Bentdner, Merida and Vela. None of which are any better than mid-table footballers, and most far worse.