1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Easyodds have us 5th fave for the title next year.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Has more to do with where the bets are being made, IMO.

4. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

don't think its far out, the only possible dodgy one is Derby. yet to see if they can maintain what was an incredible season for them last year.

My money is on Wigan to win the league this year.

5. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I think it's a fair position. Both Derby and Wigan finished the season strongly and that is a fair indication that, having not lost huge numbers of players this year, they will be there or thereabouts. Contrast this to relegated teams being much less predictable, could go either way. That's probably factored in to people betting

6. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

I would argue that this is mostly due to the confidence of each teams fans. The questionable appointment of Adams and not a great deal of belief with our fan base although I do see this turning around a bit. Basically we haven't been betting on norwich to win.
    Cardiff fans as a whole seem, I feel rather unjustifiably, certain they're gonna win the league and Fulham fans also seem more confident than us. It's easy to see why there is confidence in derby and Wigan, they had great seasons last time out and both nearly gained promotion. Wigan will be hoping that the lack if European will help.
    Personally I don't care how people are betting now. In 10 games time once we know how teams are shaping up I'd hope the odds on a norwich league win have be one very short though.

7. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

Spot on Dave.
    The longer we go under the radar the better. Less pressure on players & manager.

8. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

If our fans expectations are lower this season, it will take pressure off. There are still those, misguidedly IMO, who say that if City are not in the top two after 10 games Adams should go. I doubt the Board will agree with them though. Under Lambert, we started slowly then acquired momentum as the season went on and finished second. This year, we have a much stronger squad, but also there will be players settling in. Having said that though, I'd say the odds on City are generous at the moment.

9. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well a lot of people have said they'd be happy with a play-off berth, so that tallies quite nicely. I'll take 5th then promotion through the play-offs any day.

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i feel that's about right and its all down to the manager effect. adams is an unknown while the four above us have solskjaer (media luvvy - not that good imo), magath, rosler and mcclaren. we're fifth based on our squad rather than our manager and our squad is arguably the strongest in the division. people just aren't sure about adams so we are being written off by some

11. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

I fancy Derby and Wigan this year, and will take a top 6 finish happily, particularly if we get worthwhile game time to the yoof. Fancy Leeds to go down - club chairman playing a dangerous game. Trying to find odds for Redderz to finish top scorer - odds will be ridiculous. Felix to be first manager shown the door.

12. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

Speaking of which, anyone fancy a flutter thread when things kick off?

13. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Definitely, thought about starting one last season but reckon we should have a thread where we can discuss any bets we put on.

14. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

Definitely munky... - really useful free app is futbol24, if you've not come across it...

15. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

I'd take a day out at Wembley, win or lose.

16. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

I have no idea why Cardiff and Fulham are so high, I think both will finish in the bottom 10, I think Solskjaer is just a disaster waiting to happen and they are worth a punt to go down.

I wouldn't swap our squad (as it stands) for any other, it is significantly better than anybody elses.

Its our manager that will give us the problems, too big an ask for someone of such little experience and I do question whether he has the nous to adapt to situations when a bad run occurs.

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post carrabuh - especially your last paragraph. My other concern is what will happen if we get a bad run of injuries as happened to E Bennett last year.

18. stilljaroldcanary

stilljaroldcanary Well-Known Member

5th will be great my boys really want to go to Wembley!

19. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

I would love to go to wembley to see norwich too but would rather not in the playoffs. Would obviously take it if automatic isn't an option but the tension would mean I hated every minute of it.

20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the table shows the odds for winning the league ONLY. Just because we're 5th favorites to win the league doesn't necessarily me we're expected to finish 5th.