1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Easter will be fined for red card.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Darrell Clarke has confirmed that Jermaine Easter will be fined for receiving a red card in the 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United on Tuesday night.

Easter was dismissed in the 65th minute at Bramall Lane after leaving Sheffield United defender Jack O'Connell in a heap following an aerial challenge between the pair seconds after Rovers had conceded what eventually turned out to be the decisive goal.

Clarke, speaking at the training ground this morning, had no complaints over the decision made by referee Chris Sarginson that saw Rovers collect their first dismissal of the season.

DC said: "Jermaine has been in the game long enough to know that he made a bad decision. He is disappointed with himself and has apologised to both myself and his team-mates. He gave the referee an easy decision and he will be fined under the terms of our internal disciplinary procedures. I don't think it was a vicious elbow or anything like that, but I am big on discipline. Jermaine accepts that and once the appropriate action is taken we will leave it at that."

Easter will miss games at Northampton Town, Oldham Athletic and on his old stomping ground at MK Dons as a result of a three-game suspension. The experienced campaigner will be eligible to play in the EFL Trophy game against Yeovil next week as games in that competition do not count towards the suspension process.

Darrell Clarke, meanwhile, will welcome Stuart Sinclair back into his squad for the trip to Northampton following a one-game ban, but has Ollie Clarke just one booking away from a suspension. Also Chris Lines, Ellis Harrison, Tom Lockyer and Matty Taylor are all on three bookings in a campaign that has so far seen Rovers average almost three yellow cards per game.

DC said: "We have collected plenty of bookings this season, but I wouldn't say we are a dirty team. We are competitive and we work hard but we have to make sure our discipline is right on and off the pitch. Officials are always in the spotlight but they judge it as they see it. We have some decisions that have gone against us this season but that's football and we move on."

From the Post, after finally getting that site to work.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A warning would of been enough he's hardly a dirty player