1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

E-Bay sales of GT Order of Service.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Feb 6, 2017.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It has been reported on the Watford Observer and elsewhere, that within hours of GT's funeral, the free orders of service that were handed out to people unable to be in the church were put up for sale on E-Bay. E-Bay have been taking these offers of sale down, but some describe them as items of memorabilia. Distasteful or something that people wish to buy and keep? Any views?

2. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

A bit of both - I could understand why someone might want one or want to make sure someone who wanted it got one so it just didn't end up in the recycling, but I think putting them up for sale so soon after the funeral was distasteful.

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

4. F1Hornet

F1Hornet Well-Known Member

I think it is one of those things that changes with time. To me, someone going to the service and selling on the order of service so soon after seems crass at best and immoral at worst. However, if someone was selling it in 10 years time, say, I would have no problem with it. I would consider it an important piece of history from the Watford story.

It just makes the person selling it look bad as it appears they went just to make money rather than to remember GT. Its like turning up at a funeral of someone you barely know or don't care about just so you can take advantage of the free buffet.

andytoprankin and oldfrenchhorn like this.
  5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Yes ... well put.....