1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dušan demands respect from Claude

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Mar 21, 2017.

1. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Dusan needs to realise that he gradually fades from the game at some point into the second half. Perhaps Claude can show him some data. Granted, he is one of the most creative and skilful players at the club, but he's not without a mistake either. He had an opportunity to make his mark during the game and missed it. And Boufal isn't exactly a clogger, is he, Dusan?

That wasn't an anti-Dusan thing. I think Tadic is brilliant when he wants to be, and he's amongst my favourite players, but he's got to respect that the manager sees the whole game. Koeman subbed him too.

Laz-ee saint likes this.
  3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Perhaps Claude thought he was injured on Sunday, given the way he lay down in spurs' penalty area in apparent agony.

Not to mention skying one over an open goal.

4. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

Im a big fan of tadic but he has been pretty poor for a while now.i suspect after this he will spend more time on the bench

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Tadic. I don't think he's been particularly "poor" but comments like this (if made by him), won't do any favours.

Sounds like a come and get me.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  6. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

I am a fan of the Dusan that plays so well in the first half of most games but not the one that comes out in most second halfs as he disappears slowly but surely until CP pulls him off.
    If Dusan works as hard and as effectively after the half time break I am sure he would stay on the pitch
    All those injurys he sustains during the game that see him hitting the floor in agony probably have an influence (sarcasm!)

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Kinda suspect there's some liberal use of words, essentially because it's The Sun, and there'll be a bit of a denial later in the day.

If not....well....people were saying that Sofiane needed a proper run in the team before we could judge how he's doing..,

OddRiverOakWizards and fatletiss like this.
  8. Saintjoey

Saintjoey Well-Known Member

He fell out with the Serbia coach, Koeman and now Puel...

9. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

"I feel important but don't like being subbed off" - every football player ever to exist.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  10. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

I would guess, from those comments, that Dusan is one of those players that needs "an arm round the shoulder" approach.
    I get his point, about being able to see the gaps and play through balls, but can he back that up with facts, in the same way he has pointed out that we are conceding goals, after he has been subbed?
    I have to say, especially if we are chasing a goal, seeing him AND Boufal on the pitch, together, might be worth a shot.

11. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Players always seem to get chirpy on international duty. I would guess this is lifted from a Serbian interview

No problem with him questioning his role in the team, but not sure he should be telling journalists.

He's playing centrally now and there is no excuse for drifting out of games.
    I'm sure Claude has had frank discussions with him or one is coming up

12. saintsfcfan

Especially when the latter tries to take on the whole team, every single time.

(I do like Boufal and he is trying very hard to impress but he really needs to keep it simple sometimes).

13. saintsfcfan

"Dusan we have some interesting possibilities" - he says stroking a white cat

14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

These sort of comments always appear once they get away from the confines of Southampton. Players hate being subbed....stop the presses. Lack of respect seems a bit strong....I wonder if he means lack of appreciation of his talents. I'm sure Claude doesn't treat him with disrespect. Dusan is obviously someone who needs handling more than some other players. There was me thinking he'd been happier lately....now he is back to his dramatic best...Dusan should be in some dark Russian novel in the role of a moody, doomed Prince.

15. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

He is now playing centrally, with Redmond, Gabbi (<wah>) and JWP all in good form. He's not blessed with great stamina, so it's up to him to prove he should be on the pitch for the full 90 if that's what he's after, because for me, he's been wasteful at times in big moments this season.

16. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Tadic needs to keep his trap shut, in my opinion.

17. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

If he's so confident that he will find space to exploit in the latter stages of the game then perhaps he would like to come off the bench? I would rather hear the whole interview before passing judgement but if he is wanting to further cement his position he is going about it completely the wrong way!

18. fran-MLs little camera

We can all get drawn into a conversation that we wouldn't want reported back to the subject, but such conversations often contain the truth, albeit exaggerated. He found himself a receptive audience. Dusan's a brooder....always will be.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  19. fran-MLs little camera

Archers Road likes this.
  20. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

If he had been playing well these last few weeks he wouldn't have been subbed so often! He began this season brilliantly but since his return from injury he has been pretty average. We have seen many times how good he can be, such as before his injury, but he also can be very indifferent and ineffective at times and I believe he is in one of those spells right now.

I'd be very surprised if this is him trying to force a move to a bigger club because he just isn't good enough for a bigger club and I doubt they'd be interested.

Oh, and if you want more respect then bad mouthing the manager in The Sun is certainly not the way to go about earning it.