1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Douglas, varney and Webster back in

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

3 points behind Norwich at the moment

2. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

England winning in the rugby and Hamilton on pole not all bad, don't mention the cricket

3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

And both Naaarich and Newcastle losing!! Great afternoons sport. What a refreshing change!

4. Castro Sito

Yes been a long time coming!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Great result.

Well done lads.

whitestallionblue73 and Wherever like this.
  6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Where da fook did that come from boys???

Mixed emotions again for me I'm afraid!

Like Delia Smith driving off a Cliff in my brand new Mercedes!!

7. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Well done, enjoy your evening, QPR the gift that keeps on giving

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

There's always next week mate <ok>

Wherever likes this.
  9. johnnywarksmoustache

Believe me mate we all feel your pain on this board!

10. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Well in fairness, a good response to last weeks debacle. Still need to get consistency and team selection right1

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Man of the Match was Varney for me, his enthusiasm and heading gave everyone a lift and the pace of the game increased along with the intensity and passion, we were completely dominant in the second half and could have scored 5 or 6 with some better finishing.
    I find it difficult to believe that today's team was largely the same as the one that has produced the most dreadful performances I have ever seen from a Town side, let's hope the improvement continues.

12. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Well a win's a win I suppose but Douglas and Varney as our saviours?Heaven help us.Still firmly in the Mick out camp.Bart was outstanding again,what are the odds of us keeping hold of him?

13. Castro Sito

According to the Championship show on 5 we're all being a bit harsh on Mick and co at the moment. The season is still very much alive I suppose, just hope we can kick on from here. The thing is Mick will always pull wins out of the bag when needed, really can't see him going anywhere any time soon.

14. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Very weird league this season - guys it's going to be a hell of a ride the quality in the league is just so vast / spread. That win puts us 5 off play offs before Hudds play and a better goal difference, 6 off bottom 3. Two or three wins on the spin we'll fly, three or four defeats we'll be in a hell of a mess.

18 games and we're none the wiser where this campaign is heading, can any of you recall such a tight league? I honestly cannot. The top 6 haven't ( bar top 2 ) opened up anything and looking at the sides in the top 6 I'm not sure what Brum and Reading for instance have over a season. Impressive starts sure. Villa and Derby however seem to be getting their act together.

Also, lets take the chance to laugh our heads off at Norwich's slide down the table. Fantastic lads!!! Gotta be the worst position they've been at in a long time. Sure, karmas a bitch and they'll be top 6 I have little doubt about however fantastic! Long may it continue.

I woke up this morning in Aus for the first time potentially ever of not knowing the town result before I went to bed. It actually didn't bother me yesterday, however waking up with the Mrs the first thing we both wanted to do was check the score. Not sure we'll have many better wakings up than three points to both sides for a while but long may it continue!

Sadly the Hilton airport didn't have the Forest game on so I cannot comment on the poor result, however we've bounced back.

Skuglus at home doesn't appear ballsy, however it depends if the two wide boys are allowed to bomb on. If they are and it makes us solid, then I don't mind so much but it depends what balance the midfield is allowed.

Not the worst six fixtures on paper. Nearing a fully fit squad, COYB.

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

A 3-0 is a 3-0 but that game was never a 3-0............we only started playing once we had got two fortunate goals ahead......QPR had the lions share of the ball but didn't gave much up front.

I'll take it but it's not really the green shoots of recovery IMO.

itfcptc likes this.
  16. johnnywarksmoustache

This win will mean nothing if we get beat at Bristol next week. <ok>

17. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Good result and much needed. However when I watch the highlights we never seem to score goals which come from a good move or bit of play.

That's the problem we may build on this but we never look like a good team which makes watching as a fan uninspiring and boring. We might get results under Mick but we'll never be a good football team, you can see that by the changes he's made in the last match he left the quality out for workers and got the results.

That was something which Wolves fans criticised him with when he was there, he spent far more money as the years went by at Wolves but the quality of the football never improved!!

We have a far better squad than the past couple of seasons (bar a target man) but the football is still crap!!

San Diego likes this.
  18. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Oh that's abundantly clear however this league is just ridiculous this season, seen nothing like it. Draw at Bristol City, with a win H to Cardiff would no doubt see us climb a bit higher yet.

Very nice to have a side nearing full fitness. McGoldrick, Williams and Bishop are all fit at present - in my opinion when the three of them are playing they are all top 6 players in this league no question. Getting a tune out of Bishop appears more difficult at present however I don't think he's yet 100% fit.

Need the focal striker though. Varney may have had a good game vs QPR but over the course of the season........ yeah....!

I wonder where this leaves Hyam, Pitman and Smith when they come back. May all have to be content with a bench place.

19. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I don't think Bishop is as good as people think.....

20. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It looked like he was being ignored by Chambers and Berra during the televised match.
    Opening 10 or 15 minutes Teddy was begging for the ball off one of them and never got it. Maybe not as trusted by some of the other players?