1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Don't Ask Ehab

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 18, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't speak for the Trust and I understand that not everything can be openly discussed at this point, but I don't think it's any secret that the Trust have been working with the FSF and SD to improve the wording and subsequent enforcement of the rules with the Premier League.

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

This ^^^
    I'm a member, but not actively involved
    If I disagreed with what they are doing I'd either cease being a member or become more involved to try and change things

3. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

So what do you suggest happy.do you believe all is well at city.i realise that you try to see the good in what they do,but what sort of support do you expect next season if we go down and they don't build any bridges

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

As that is something that I suggested some time ago I agree with what they're now doing. The fact that I get accused of being negative for suggesting things that eventually get taken up, hints that there's a problem with presentation and interaction from the trust, and that is a part of why many cannot warm to and support them.

Some are happy for the trust to make the decisions, others would like to feel a sense of inclusion and/or involvement, or at least the sense that they are listened to, and their views considered, particularly as despite the criticism I get, several of the constructive comments I've made seem to get actioned. Hopefully, the communication and involvement point I make here will eventually be another one.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This isn't actually something new, it's something that started with CTWD a few years ago, it just seems to have gained more traction recently.

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Which helps make my point.

Rather than the negativity the constructive comments generated, it could have been made a positive, by simply saying that the committee agreed, and it was one strand of the action that was progressing, and then encouraged fans to offer more views on what could be raised and on other strands to progress, rather than getting defensive and trying to knock back or dissmiss comments, especially ones they seemingly see as good ideas.

As someone else pointed out, the committee are simply volunteers, they're not experts or the font of all knowledge, so trying to get more people feeling involved and included in the thought process should be a key strategy, as it is win, win.

7. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am quite supportive of the Trust and agree with your first five points and would probably go the extra mile for the money givers. :emoticon-0116-evilg

Kempton likes this.
  8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with expressing opinion on a forum where there is a chance of it being considered. I think the Trust is still young and developing, I would find it very hard to be involved, distance and other commitments, but leaving it when something isn't right would be against why I joined; although it can be bloody frustrating at times.

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Oops, just realised I should have renewed back in August <doh>

dennisboothstash and Happy Tiger like this.
  10. dennisboothstash

I didn't suggest there was

If any of us really wanted something seriously considering by the Trust though then I think we ought to contact the direct to suggest it

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I know, all I was pointing out is that there is a middle ground, which many would choose. Talking about stuff on here is a decent way to measure opinion, even though it often has to be filtered.

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'd argue the onus is on them to come to us.

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Why? <confused>

14. dennisboothstash

I think they communicate with members fairly well considering the resources available
    I do think (and from memory I think you agree?) that there should be an official presence from the Trust on this and other boards...just to engage in debate, not to use this as a place to take decisions
    They can't be expected to come to us constantly though. I've no idea when I'm likely to have my next good idea (possibly sometime in 2019!) so there does need to be some responsibility taken by us as members to pass on ideas when they do occur to us

Real ale tiger and DMD like this.
  15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I agree, but experience just leaves it feeling like a tongue flapping in the wind, and there's not even an acknowledgement for ideas they do take up, in fact there's the opposite.

It's an easy win for them to engage, I'm not sure why they don't as it would surely save time in the long run, encourage better ideas than a handful can generate, and people feeling included could encourage membership and offer credibility to the claim of representing fans.

16. dennisboothstash

No harm in sticking your ideas on the other thread though
    Be easy enough for the Trust to monitor all together

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'll no doubt stick my twopennerth in, but I've been trying to keep from commenting, as it seems to upset some, and didn't achieve much anyway.

18. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

You got a link to your last good idea Den?

Or was it pre-internet??

19. dennisboothstash

Mid 80's I think
    I might have a drawing of it somewhere

20. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

If it's done in crayon Earhard may be able to 'read' it

dennisboothstash likes this.