1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Donelly not happy?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Old Timer in Cyprus, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

He obviously knew Frank Noubles signing was on the cards. Last Sat his frustration was obvious after gifting a goal to opposition. Later he gestured the away fans following their barracking. Tonight I am following Millwall game on 'The Wall". They put up a picture after Wright had scored and was surrounded by Gills players congratulating him. Donelly is seen walking away not taking part in celebrations. Does he think his own position has now dropped to 4th in the strikers' pecking order?

2. brb

brb CR250

There was a few of our own supporters making comment about Rory's gesture, i made my point clear on twitter, those supporters need to get overselves, it's a social class game, go stick their middle class attitudes where the sun don't shine. And if Rory could give the Charlton supporters the finger to i will be more than grateful. About time we saw some bloody passion!

If anyone wishes me to enlighten them more with my words of wisdom on this topic please feel free to ask <laugh>

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I get the whole passion argument brb and where you're coming from but events around the incident were poor. The ball got booted up to him on the far left side, he had the ball easily but rather than trying to hold the ball up, he decided to move his body towards the opposing defender to fall down in the hope of getting a free kick. It was such a blatant attempt that he was going for a free kick for nothing, the referee didn't give it and rightly so. Rory then decided to have a hiss fit right in front of their fans and as to be expected, the Wimbledon fans started taking the mickey which is when he stuck his finger up and forced the referee's hand.

Now if we had loads of strikers available at the moment then it wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but to do something like that when he was our only fit striker in the squad (wouldn't call JET a striker) then it was a rather childish way to react. Hopefully he will learn from that but I wouldn't have said the incident was down to passion, more him throwing a Paddy he didn't get his own way.

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

A young lad reacting to the situation, it's happened before and will happen again.
    Jet not a striker ? he's scored 7 goals, Ehmer is second on 3, I would say that qualifies him as a striker compared to the other rabble. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

5. brb

brb CR250

I take your points, but if fans take the mickey (or give abuse) - we have to be able to take it back from time to time. I suppose my point being I'm fed up with the constant interfering in the game ie he did this, he said that.

To void of a sexist remark i use the phrase some supporters need to learn to man up instead of whining like spoilt middle class kids. Just give the player the same back which is what they did, yet while Rory gets sent off, the supporters revel in their own mickey taking, which is fine if they then didn't make it sound as though he committed some hideous crime, not forgetting it was the 89th minute and we were already 2-0 down! (if that specific action had lost us the game, i might have viewed it differently).

I get Wimbledon supporters playing the home advantage tactic but our supporters, seriously it don't wash with me, all I see is the social media out pourings, it's like something SKY would do, cover every angle from a camera to gauge in negativity and drama of a nothing situation.

The only wrong Rory did was pick that game to do it in, shame it wasn't Charlton or Swindon hahaha

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

7. brb

brb CR250

It didn't do his career any harm though, in fact it may have made him more famous. So Rory's next task is to kung fu one of the Charlton fans if they enter the Medway Stand <laugh>