1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Doncaster v Palace. What result suits us better?

Discussion in 'Preston' started by lilywhite forever, Apr 19, 2011.

1. lilywhite forever

As our game against Millwall is on Saturday, I'm sure all Northenders (and also Scunthorpes) eyes will be on Fridays game between the two teams occupying the last two "safe" places in the Championship.

The outcome of this match will obviously suit either Doncaster or Palace, but what would be the better result for us? A draw would see both teams move a point further away but both teams still catchable. A Doncaster win would keep Palace just four points ahead of us but would more or less see Donny safe, leaving just one team holding on for dear life. A Palace win would probably dent our belief a little and that result would do us no favours.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Doncaster win, in the hope that Palace will implode in the last three games. If that happened and if, just if, we can pull off a massive result at Millwall, we'd be just one point adrift with three to play.

Coventry v Scunthorpe is another we'll be keeping a close eye on but I think we know what we want from that one!

Any thoughts?

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Donny win would be the best result

3. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Just posted on our ( Donny ) forum about our match on Friday. Our final three games are against Barnsley, Leicester and Boro. I think I would take a point from Palace but three would see us almost safe. You have a tough one against the wall though. Mind you they are all tough when you are in the bottom four or five.

4. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

no givens now, too many variables, especially with teams safe in mid table, there's no knowing what sort of a team they will start putting out once relegation or promotion is out of reach, all we can do is go for the win,
    which we will do :)

5. theflyingplumber

All PNE can do is win their games (well try) and see where the wins take us to.
    Funny time of the season now which means even more unpredictable games taking place. Nervous times for many clubs now, being either involved in relegation or playoff games. Players out injured/players serving a ban/players playing for a new contract/players who know they will be leaving at the end of the season/Players looking to impress other clubs. It's a minefield out there. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

:emoticon-0107-sweat

:smile:

6. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

And 2 draws today will do nicely, up to us now