1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you wear City Stuff on other days

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by adamisme, Mar 13, 2011.

1. adamisme

adamisme Member

What I mean is do you wear a hat or a jacket during the non-match days, showing your support. In my case I have a hat that I wear pretty much throughout the cold months and a tie that I also wear at work sometimes

2. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

My homeshirt is rarely off my back. Goes down well with the local landlord who is a Leicester pass holder as well as most of his regulars. Believe me, they were gutted when Pearson left. Also make sure you were it to the Rose and crown in Vegas as the owners are from Hull!!!!

3. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

I have 3 seasons worth of City Shirts so i put them on alot ( even wore one on holiday in Florida and bumped into a few other Hull fans )

I wear my hat when its cold and my scarf .... also wear training gear under a jumper or something when im around the house

4. adamisme

adamisme Member

i don't wear my city shirt out apart from match days, however I feel like wearing it at the gym this morning so I am.

5. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

I nearly always have a City baseball cap on, also a City Jacket that I usually wear as a casual jacket. City tie on for any hatches, matches , and dispatches occasions. City gloves that live in the Jacket. But funny enough I rarely wear a City shirt after match days.

6. N

N Active Member

I never wear my shirt outside match day.

I know someone at Uni who lives in his Norwich shirt.

7. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

I wear my City shirt circa 1987 when i cycle to work which is most days.

8. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

My wife sometimes wears Tiger Thongs.

But only if I've been Very, Very naughty!!!

:emoticon-0115-inlov :emoticon-0115-inlov :emoticon-0115-inlov :emoticon-0115-inlov

9. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

I wear my shirts quite often. I love the looks from all the Leeds fans :D

10. Hullaballo

Hullaballo Member

wear my shirt all the time. taken it to American, Australia, Spain and met Hull fans

11. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

It's a strange topic this one - I never wear my City shirt other than matchdays. In winter I'll occassionally wear a City scarf (just a plain knitted one though - a Hull City version of the Man City one Mancini wears).

When I was at uni, away from home, I seemed to wear a City shirt a lot more often though, and will always take one when going on holiday to wear, and sometimes (depending on what I'm going for) will wear one when going to another city.

...the reason I say it's strange is that you see the odd City shirt, training jacket etc here and there every so often in town (you usually see them more in the supermarket or in outer-shopping areas, rather than the city centre) but you don't see many that often, especially in comparison to some people who support other clubs in the city... some people live in their football garb from other teams.

You can always spot the saddo's who's life is dependent on money from child benefits... greasy hair, adidas tracky bottoms, Liverpool shirt, Liverpool bench coat and a buggy. Probably never been to a game in his life, calls them 'we' and watches them with a few tinnies on offer from Netto.

On Tuesday night before going down to watch City, I was in Admiral and there were a group of about 6 people all kitted out in Arsenal gear ready to watch the match Vs Barcelona!

Leeds fans are the same - the last 3 years I haven't seen a single Leeds shirt, car sticker, badge or anything... now the f**kers are all over the place. See at least 2 every time I go out - loads about now with sh*tty car stickers and a little cr*ppy badge on their reg plate. No wonder people call them the vermin... all out the gutter like rats.

12. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I don't really approve of the idea of replica shirts, they embody commercialization of the game and tend to look naff on people over the age of twelve for whom dressing up as a footballer shouldn't really be a hobby any more.

13. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I agree with you to a point! My pet hate is people wearing the kit and having to get them XXXXL size!!!!!

14. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Mainly Geordies who then decide to take them off, which is somehow even worse.

15. adamisme

adamisme Member

please delete that comment... I have a bad image in my head now.........ewwwwwwwwww

16. adamisme

adamisme Member

and the only time I actually wear a replica shirt is when I go to a game and occasionally like today at the gym

17. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

:emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0103-cool:

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I wear my training jacket from last season most days even though it reminds me of Dowie when he wore it :emoticon-0119-puke:

19. eruth

eruth Member

My scarf - which I vowed to use to throughly berate Ian Dowie with should I ever spot him in Tesco near work again (I have the joy of seeing the Reebok Stadium out of the office window every day!).

I have a shirt, worn on Match days, and I made (yes, I did) scarves for several people.

20. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I have two different pairs of Tigers cuff links which I wear regularly in work. The Tigers gnome has pride of place in my office. The Tigers rubbber duck is on my office desk and the Tigers clock is on the wall. I have six replica shirts that I wear to the matches. and two tee shirts. They get worn on Sundays. Perhapa I should get our more. Still. it's sorted the Father's Day/Birthday/ Christmas present problem for my family for ages. Good job I don't support Leeds as I don't know what I'd do with all this stuff.