1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you think Simeon is good enough for the premiership

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by HOADIE_BOI, Apr 20, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Do you think Jacko would be good enough for the premiership.
    Discuss below.

2. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Yeah, I reckon he'd do a decent job as an impact sub

3. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah, well he is starting to prove himself now, Aint't he.

4. CanaryJim

CanaryJim Member

I honestly don't think he will be able to cut it in the PL. He is trying really hard at the moment which is great but stepping up to the PL needs much more than hard work. He isn't the strongest or quickest so I think he would have to go if we go up, sadly.

5. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah send him on loan to the Championship maybe somewhere like Brighton as they could do with someone like him, Then maybe in the next year or two he would be up to the job, You never know.

6. Canary Jack

Canary Jack Member

I think the fella could do a job up there... probably better off the bench. He is the quickest attacker we own (maybe Pacheco could outsprint him? But he is Liverpool's player regardless). Speed counts for a bit more in the premiership I reckon. He appears to read the game quite well, although he has often been a yard behind the crosses this season - confidence? He was BRILLIANT against Forest the other day, and so unlucky not to be on the scoresheet even once.

His PL stumbling blocks though, are probably his lack of upper body strength and his confidence. As we are seeing at the moment, he thrives on confidence. However, IMO, we will be lucky to build up any meaningful run of results, IF we go up, and that will probably equate to less confidence in the team as a whole - Jacko may well go back into that shell of his.

While I said speed can count for a bit more in the PL, an attacker's strength is imperative (for this reason I reckon Holty will again surprise some people, IF we go up.) For me Jacko is liable to gettng pushed around a bit by opposing defenders at the moment. The good news is that strength can be improved with a rigorous gym routine. I remember last time we went up Worthy had them all in ridiculously good shape all season. We were very rarely out-muscled on our way to the Div 1 title, and that teams stamina was at least on a par with the current squad's.

Jacko is maybe a loan if we go up, but for me definitely worth keeping at the moment! Hope the lad can keep his form going into tonight!

7. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Whilst I have openly stated I have liked what I have seen from Jacko, and he has improved over the course of the season, I do not think he is ready for the jump up to the PL. I might be wrong but it is my honest opinion.

Had he been scoring for fun this season then maybe that opinion would be a little different.

8. PhallusJohnson

PhallusJohnson New Member

I'm starting to think Jackson has a place in this team. I've seen him cock it up a few too many times in the past but if we're playing counter-attack football like last night he's great at getting on the end of things. Just don't give him any time on the ball.

As for the Prem, it's really hard to say. But I reckon he'd be a useful impact sub at best.

9. PhallusJohnson

PhallusJohnson New Member

P.S. How good was thrashing the scum last night?!<ok> <ok> <ok> <ok> <ok> <ok>

10. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

Too early to say. There are two things which I think effects his performance, one he can't do anything about the other can be achieved with hard work. I've noticed he misses out on a lot of aerial chances due to his height or having a longer stride to reach balls, if he was a couple of inches taller we would be laughing. Secondly is power, to be a premiership forward you need to have power and strength, e.g. like Tevez little guy but robust and difficult to handle, I think Jackson will gain this as a lot of players have bulked up in pre season.

11. HOADIE_BOI

But I have to say, When you need him to be good in the air he is, Cast your mind back to May 23rd 2009, It might ring some bells, Play off final 90 Minutes Gillingham header, His first one for us at that time, so I have to say he can be good in the air when you need him to be.

12. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

He can jump for a small bloke but these are more to do with reach, a lot of the situations have been quick low crosses across the face of the box.

13. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I have to say Cody does head the ball in much better than Jacko.