1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do I not like them

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

At the mo, seriously disliking Leeds.
    Who do their fans think they are?
    Deluded mugs.

2. OxheyWFC

OxheyWFC Member

Don't like Tottenham. Ever since Glen Hoddle scored in the 1st minute chipping over the hapless Sherwood (not for the 1st time i hasten to add), with his arrogant, obnoxious 'i'm the best footballer in the world' attitude! It still winds me up now thinking about it. :steam:
    As for the 3 points give-away and Watford was safe mid-table end of season, I'd gladly give them to the team that would stop L#t#n being in the play-off's so that they would continue their slow and most fun non-league death!!!

3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome Oxhey, see you have found your way over.:emoticon-0150-hands

4. OxheyWFC

OxheyWFC Member

Thanks OFH.:emoticon-0148-yes: Was wondering where all would go after the demise of 606. This seems the place then!!:emoticon-0100-smile

5. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Chelsea...ever since my brother-in-law and I were menaced and threatened with violence - in the away end.

6. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome greg and Oxhey :)

7. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

Leeds, need I say more. Notts Forest for similiar reasons and Liverpool for do you know how many titles we have won attitude (but they are all in the long and distant memory)

8. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Same as you Leo, Watford fan with a Spurs family :)

9. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

I find it hard to keep any long term dislike for a team, apart from the obvious. Being threatened by supporters of Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea didn't endear me to their teams. I don't approve of Franchise or Crawley (though Crawley have kept one team from automatic promotion).

I do not have many positive thought towards Bedmond. One of their players tried to beat me up after a youth game because I kept tackling him (ok I may have ankle-tapped him a few times). Bedmond may not exist as a team any more so it would be silly to keep the grudge.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Welcome Oxhey - and an impressive start with avatar and tag line

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I like your reason for Bedmond NZ - "one of their players tried to beat me up - oh I had ankle tapped him thoughout the game :)

12. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Yep, MKD is definitely on my list of no-marks. If other clubs were as cynical as them we wouldn't know whether we were playing north, south, east or westhampton! Can't wait for AFC, the Real Wimledon, catching them up and showing them what the fans think of them...

As for a safely positioned Watford making a small points donation to (ahem) good causes. What about a Rangers sympathy win in the penultimate game of the season? Its not just for us you know... the FA need the points to deduct to save face (for not taking action sooner - it could and should have been done and dusted before Christmas) and to prevent a play-off and promotion calamity should the Rs reps have to appeal a harsh decision - that could all go on for months leaving a number of clubs and fans (including us) not knowing whether they're up or not.

Having said that, there's nothing to say Watford's season is over yet. A full set could see you in the play-offs if you could rediscover your earlier form and belief. Don't forget, this is an anyone can beat anyone league and most of those above Watford have had some pretty odd results throughout. Why not start with Leeds!

13. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Would rather start with Hull on saturday , but thanks anyway Brixton<ok>

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Nice try Brixton :)

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Do you want us to put that to the vote?

16. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I can't see the FA deducting enough points for you not to go up! The cynic in me says they have done this date so they can see what points you are on, and deduct just enough to make an example of you (as a signal to everyone) but you still get promotion. I also think they have done it this late so you won't bother appealing if you're still promoted, as that could mean any points could be carried over if the appeal takes too long!!

What are the rules on the points? I have heard 2 different scenarios! 3 points for every game the player has participated in (6 games??), but also 2 points for every charge (7 charges).

Anyway, good luck... Can't say I like QPR, but I don't exactly dislike them either - and work with two Rs fans, so has been pretty good banter the last couple of seasons!

17. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

Any team that wears hoops.
    Southend United

18. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon (come to Jersey and you'll see why). I wondered why Benfica and Sporting fans weren't as obvious as usual until they mentioned on ITV last night that Porto had won the Portugese title with 5 games left.

19. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I used to like Benfica years ago as they had a player called Eusebio - who was phenomenal - I remembered him form the 1966 world cup

20. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Has got to be the filthy hedgehog noshers and the spuds - my parents and their families all came from norf Lundun and massive gooners in their day, so I have little feelings for the spuds. Would also have to go along with Leeds, Millwall and Franchise FC AKA MK Dongs...

As for giving up some points to help someone else - willingly if it kept the tramps in the Blue Square...