1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do i ...like ..them!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Bring Back Wooter

Thanks for the support Norway.

2. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

BBW I think maybe you should put the anger management on the back burner for a while whilst concentrating on this perverse like of the steptoes<laugh><laugh>

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

BBW
    well done; that is always the hardest step to take - admitting the problem - now on your next sesssion as it is a rather serious problem we may need to consider electro-shock therapy :emoticon-0116-evilg

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

No - this is too serious for that. I suggest aversion therapy - being forced to sit and watch videos of Warnock in shorts with repeated voice overs of his thoughts on referees and other match officials.

It's the only cure View attachment 1894

5. Norwayhornet

Wow BB that is serious!! Do you really think it has gone that far!........<laugh>

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

OK - now this is much harder - and like BBW I have a confession in the middle of all this

I started life born in to Spurs family so they were my team; moved to Watford went to school there started going to matches with school mates so "acquired" them. My dad came from Portsmouth so I kind of looked out for their results - and now the confession ( and a much more serious one it is too but I claim some leniency due to my tender age at the time) - I realised I had a team in Divisions 1, 2 and 3 (things were so much less complicate din those days) so I decided to pick a team in Division 4 - and I am afraid I picked L*t*n as the bus I got to school went there - I know, I know how stupid was that. But there you go - 4 teams and four divisions. I soon learnt the error of my ways though and dropped them.

Now just to complicate things more - I liked a player called Jim Baxter who played for Rangers so I adopted them as my Scottish team - and many years later I felt sorry for Meadowbank Thistle who took over the use of the Meadowbank Stadium after the Commonwealth games as they lost every game in the bottom division when they first joined so I followed their results - they of course became Livingston and got to the Scottish Premiership - before financial hardship saw them in administration and relegated to the 3rd Division - although they are now ontheir way back bveig clear top of the 2nd Division.

Oh and did I mention that I picked up Roma somewhere along the way as my sister married a Roman and her boys all supported Roma.

Now the only live football I can see regularly is Carmarthen :)

Bored ?- fell asleep in the middle of this? - just asked for Leonardo's patent sleeping pil stories next time you get fed up with counting sheep :)

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Bolton
    - with his nickname Colin - I think that itself is too harsh

8. Bolton's Boots

Leo - my dad used to play for Meadowbank Thistle when they were known as Ferranti Thistle. His time there was at the tail end of his footballing career - which had seen him turn out for Hibs, St Bernards, Gretna, Carlisle, Northampton, Edinburgh City and Leith Athletic. Hardly glorious but it was mostly during the war. As a teenager, he was playing for St. Bernards when they reached the semis of the Scottish Cup.

Thanks for inadvertently dredging up those memories

9. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

Underdogs everywhere, except the premiership.

10. Bring Back Wooter

Leonardo, I started reading your post and then when I got to that bit, I was immediately violently sick all over my key board. I admit, my confession is pretty serious, but your confession?! I don't think it can be classed as a confession, it is that bad.

I am sorry, but I don't think I could ever talk to you again. I am disgusted.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry BBW - I was only 13 - do I get any time off my sentence for that?

12. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

BBW - take it from me. There is NO cure for a QPR addiction. Believe me, I've been subjected to every therapy know to fan!

Not simply being an unfashionable 'little' local club seated amonst 'giants' but also relegations, years in the dark, administration, threat of extinction, F1 rejects (Briatore) pulling the strings of puppet managers and many other trials and tribulations (conceding 8 against Man U on one occasion). Nothing works - still there at the beginning of every match praying for a new dawn and a win fix!!

Come on BBW, get in touch with your feelings and just accept it! For you the Rs have that certain something that keeps you interested... at least you have Watford to shelter you from our extremes!!

Seriously tho', I notice one or two of you share a couple of my soft spot clubs.

My joint-seconds are Inverness Cally (spend a fair bit of time up that way - often a good team especially away, tiny ground, idyllic setting) and AFC Wimbledon as the fans' big response to what gets imposed upon us. Almost as eager to see wins for both of them as I am for the Rs.

Palace as my most local club, for their never-say-die approach and because my son supports them (against better advice!).

Hartlepool for the most giving set of supporters I have come across and now because Saturdays are Jeff Stelling day and the Monkey Hangers get a regular mention.

Finally (not to cosy up to mine hosts but despite them), I have to add Watford for a couple of reasons.

One: went to school in North Wembley in the days of icon Stuart Scullion (who I've seen mentioned on here and Barry Endean who I haven't). Really liked their kits then - that light yellow and black, very classy. Hugely impressed (at an impressionable age) by a massive underdog result against Man U. Since then, like many non-WFC fans, adored Luther B. Also from an outsider's viewpoint, like Palace, Watford have never been a 'pushover' side you could expect a result against.

Two: if you lot on here are anything to go by, great integrity imo - and that's regardless of unfavourable comments about my team. Club affiliations and affections serve us well as a release for our primitive urges and tribal beginnings. Be my guests and say whatever comes naturally, Rs fans have learned to be pretty thick skinned. Just ask Northolt!

13. Norwayhornet

Starting to look forward to insightful posts Brixton<ok> I remember bunking off school one afternoon to go to aforementioned man u game! when I got home finally,parents didnt see it my way and I got my backside tanned:(

14. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Blimey some closet exiting and rather harsh remedies being described on this thread...not one for the squemish!

One I forgot is my cricket team - it's Glamorgan, they got my sympathy vote on one particular match - for one big obvious reason that my FB pals would know...;)

15. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Hearts for KJs testimonial, Mainz as a twin town of Watford and Sunderland as that was where my Grandad was from.

16. hockdude

hockdude Active Member

Probably Southampton for me, went to Uni there and went to a few games. Don't really have anyone else, except Melbourne Victory.

17. Bolton's Boots

Melboune Victory - aaaarrrggghhh the L*t*n of Oz. Final resting place of K.Muscat too - should be enough to put anyone off. View attachment 1918

18. Norwayhornet

BB brilliant emoticon <ok>

19. hockdude

hockdude Active Member

True about Muscat, he never did learn to tackle without breaking everything in his path.