1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do i ...like ..them!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So, following up on Leonardo's post, conversly, who would you like to see doing well, who have you got a soft spot for?

i've always liked Southampton and their fans. Maybe something to do with beating them 3-0 in recent memory, twice ;). Also Yeovil coz i have a good friend who supports them, and Leyton Orient for the same reason, and more recently, because of the possibility that they might disappear now that West Ham are getting the Olympic Stadium. How about you?

2. bragantino

bragantino Active Member

Huddersfield Town, my mother's local team
    Crystal Palace, my father's team
    AS Saint Etienne I followed them when I worked along the road, same with
    TSV1860 München
    and obviously
    CA Bragantino

3. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I wondered how long it would take!

I have a soft spot for both Barrow and Workington - both places used to provide marvellous away-day venues.

Like Leo, I also like my 'live fix' - and get that by watching my local Highland League team, Deveronvale.

4. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Southampton - I went to uni there and lived there for quite a few years

Glasgow Rangers - My grandad was from Glasgow and a big Rangers fan and always tried to get me to support them as a kid... They were my 2nd team as a child

I also look out for Hannover's results... I was born there as dad was army but moved to Abbots Langley at an early age (before moving to Oxhey).

Brighton - Had an ex who supported them and we took each other to games! Looking forward to visiting the new stadium next season! Glad they are getting rid of the athletics track!

Salisbury - Following on from the question about TV or going to a match... it's great to go to a match, no matter what level, so like going to see my local team!

5. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

A soft spot for Luton!

6. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I thought it would be a hard spot..... ;)

7. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

A couple come to mind:

Bournemouth to get promoted - Would be a great away game and another game little Miss W_y can get to and what a week-end!
    Southend - Always had a fascination about them from when I was a nipper and they played of Friday nights - I could never understand that <yikes>
    Arsenal - My dear old dad was a massive gooner - as was his 8 brothers <yikes>
    Ayr Utd - A mate of mine lived up there and we went to a few games, but don't remember too much as we used to get smashed first
    West Ham - Mrs W_Y's family are all 'appy 'ammers...

and of course anyone playing the scummers..:emoticon-0116-evilg

8. Bolton's Boots

Most people have - and it's usually on the sole of their shoes View attachment 1874

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Teams from my younger days that go through hard times, but survive.

Aldershot, Halifax, Workington. Love the Forest Green story. Then teams that I have lived near. Northampton, Banbury Utd.

10. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Accrington stanley n Locos

11. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

West Brom (first team I saw in 1955), Oxford United (watched at uni), Barnet (used to go when hornets were away), Hibernian (thought it was a nice name when I was 5).

12. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting that the teams we hate are generally above us, and those we like are below lol

13. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Good point, Hornette...it means few popular Premiership teams but plenty of non-league favourites, perhaps because they're no threat to us at all.

BTW forgot Northwood Town, not because of Jay but because I used to play cricket for them.

14. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

Having been born and raised in Scotland, Rangers. My local Team from the Highland League Buckie Thistle (I had a season ticket there as a schoolboy)
    And I always look out for the Darlington score, I passed through there on a school trip many many moons ago on our way to London from the north of Scotland.

15. Bolton's Boots

Hornetal - am rubbing my hands together in anticipation of the Buckie/Deveronvale top-of-the-table clash. It will probably settle where this year's title will end up.

See you there? <laugh>

16. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Soft spot for Derby as they are my parents team ,infact most relatives are Derby fans!
    and as my folks nearest team now is Inverness cally thistle I will keep an eye out for their result!
    Canterbury Crusaders in Rugby and Vancouver Canucks in Icehockey!

17. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Stafford Rangers because I used to live there and once knew their reserve centre forward. Fisher Athletic because they played just down the road from where I worked in London and would drop in to a game if I had been working on Saturdays. Wellington Pheonix especially when they play in Christchurch. RCD Mallorca because I worked there for a short while.

18. Bring Back Wooter

I have a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal. I have always been taller than average, which always meant I played as the goalkeeper. From an early age, when playground football was the most important time of the day, I idolised David Seaman, hence my soft spot for Arsenal. David Seaman, Martin Keown, Nigel Winterburn, Ray Parlour, David Platt, Paul Merson, Tony Adams, Lee Dixon, Marc Overmars, Dennis Begkamp. What is there not to like?!

I love Fulham too. I consider them to be my second team. Not sure why, they have always just been a team that a pay particular interest in.

Some may hate this (other than a certain user of Not 606 who I guess resides in Northolt) but I quite like QPR. I have attempted to curb and maintain this "problem" in the past. Particularly when fellow Watford FC fans have voiced their discontent for the Rangers based in Shepherd's Bush. But it just doesn't sit well. I admit it. I like QPR.

19. Norwayhornet

Ok BBW now the problem is out in the open you are on the road to recovery !!

20. Norwayhornet

Forgot to give AFC Wimbledon a mention as well ! Theres is truly an inspirational story!