1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disilusioned

Discussion in 'Preston' started by Nelson 43, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Nelson 43

Nelson 43 New Member

As someone who has been to over 80 league grounds with North End I consider myself to have been a loyal fan. However the events of the last 12 months or so have left me totally disilusioned with the club.

I've not had a season ticket for 4 seasons, I don't miss too many but this morning I got a text message about the QPR game and replied that I can't be bothered going. I know the club need our support more than ever but like many of the current squad my heart isn't in it and I know that is totally wrong.

I'm certainly not proud to be saying this and there's every chance that on the day I will end up going but all this through thick and thin stuff doesn't work for me at the moment.

The best chance of us playing in the Championship in the next 3 or 4 seasons is if somehow we manage the great, miraculous escape this season. If we go down I seriously can't see how we will manage to return too quickly.

We are riddled with debt so won't be spending much and will have to rely on free signings and the youth. That's all well and good but you then need to be lucky wiith a couple of them and even then if they turn out to be any good we will need to sell.

I expect a bit of stick for this but its how it is at the moment, sorry.

2. Moe Lester

Moe Lester New Member

Totally agree. The players don't deserve our support or money. Work-shy useless bastards the lot of them.

Hemmings needs to pull his finger out soon or we will be seeing crowds of less then 7k.

3. FinnysBootStraps

FinnysBootStraps New Member

Moe Lester wrote:-
    'Totally agree. The players don't deserve our support or money. Work-shy useless *******s the lot of them

Guys, Guys....all this angst because we may be about to go out of the Championship. . Fortunes rise and fall, this years villains are next years hero's, albeit in a division lower. But North End is still North End, our club. We may think the board are tossers, who dont care (I dont think thats true) and should spend shedloads of money, which carry no guarantee's . In the long term the club needs to be financially sound for it to survive, if the board gives me that , then fairplay.

Some players not worth paying ?, well maybe, but getting on their backs will not help lift them to whatever potential they have, a pat on the back is worth 100 times a slap in the face..
    If it was just about winning everyone in the north would support ManU , now there's a horrible thought.
    FBS

4. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

I've known worse times than this, I was at Torquay when we hit the bottom of the league, having games kick off at 2pm because we had no lights. Mel Tottoh played for us after having worked a shift at BAE.
    Since 1994/95 we've been going upwards, overspent now it's time to find our level regroup and come back stronger on the pitch and off it.

5. Moe Lester

Moe Lester New Member

Why on earth would I want to pat them on the back?

They are getting paid thousands of pounds for doing **** all. They are ruining our club.

Some fans seem happy to accept the crap we are served with week in week out, well I'm not.