1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disappointing

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyet's Eleven, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

I know, I meant last season btw when Torres scored that lovely goal.

I'd love to go to games regularly, but living in London and being 15 means I can't get to many, went to the Chelsea game when we beat them 3-0 :grin: had to sit in there end though. I've only been to three games this season, hopefuly get to Arsenal and West Ham!

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

No shame in that lad, on the subject though, was disappointed with the wide open spaces, again.

Chelsea brought a **** amount anarl.

No slur on lads who live hundreds of miles away, but there's plenty who COULD go, who don't.

Before anyone has a pop, i fully appreciate people don't have the money, and thats fine, but there's plenty of lads i know who have plenty of spare cash, and still stay away.

No doubt Liverpool and Spurs will be decent crowds mind

3. Poyet's Eleven

That makes me cringe when I see so many empty seats, as you said there are people who can't afford to go, but people who are staying away because of the 15 point season really need to, start going to the games, must not be lifting for the players seeing so many empty seats.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

It's a debate with a million sides, but i know lads earning 40k a year not going, they'll watch it in a bar mind, and whinge like **** that we didn't sign Forlan or such like yesterday.

I remember the 15 point season and it was truly awful, but his progress now is not built on sand, we have a GENUINELY good side, very good in fact.

With Munari, Catts, Welbeck and Frazier available for the run in, we will be a joy going forward i dare say.

5. Poyet's Eleven

That's what it is for me, the illegal showings in the pub. People see it as cheaper but potentially it's just as expensive as going to the game.

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

They'll spent £30-£40quid on ale mate, i've heard lads say 'you can't have a fag'

Get a ****ing grip!

I'm off mate, new maps on black ops, enjoyed the chat, and keep the flag flying down there young un <ok>

7. Poyet's Eleven

8. Dyavvy

Dyavvy Member

Take a bigger view mate...we murdered them down there.....They reckoned they were going to come here and murder us in revenge........THEY DIDNT ........BY A LONG WAY!

9. Me and Julio down by the school yard

I agree with some parts and disagree with others.

I didn't think we were great at any point (outside the first 5 minutes). They over ran us in midfield with their three of Mikel/Lampard/Essien compared to our Henderson/Malbranque (how we missed Cattermole). Although both our goals were lovely, I thought we were lucky to get to half time on level terms as they had dominated us for pretty much the whole half.

I expected a change from Bruce, as it was obvious our midfield weren't coping and Anelka was dropping deep, picking up the ball, and playing as playmaker. I would have thought a change of formation or personel would have been made, but SB chose to stick with it and at no point in the second half did I feel we would hold out or get an equaliser. It is a shame really, but I'm not that disappointed as Chelsea turned the corner a few weeks ago now and I was expecting this to be a hard game and we would have to be on song to nick it, which we weren't.

Roll On Saturday and a good performance against Stoke.

10. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

in the 2nd half Chelsea negated any effect richardson had and Anelka ran our midfield ragged. Chelsea were defending on the half way line, while we defended on the 18 yard box.
    If we had an option of bringing on a 2nd center forward, i think it would have been different. Once Richardson was shackled, Chelsea had enough confidence to defend high up the pitch and Terry was making forward runs as they only had to cope with Gyan. At Chelsea's ground, Chelsea were so worried about Welbeck and Gyan that they sat back and defended a lot deeper than they did last night.
    If we could of gone 4-4-2 last night, with Gyan and Welbeck, I think that we could of gotten at least a draw out of the game.

11. webbo777

webbo777 New Member

I have now heard 2 posts saying henderson suffered against the standard of the opposition , what a load of bull youhave a 19year old playing at arsenal called jack wilshire who is ranked like henderson an up and coming future england international , watch them both and tell me who is an up and coming international no contest jack wilshire is light years ahead of henderson, he needs taken out of the limelight for a few weeks to replenish himself and come back with his form of last season then people can talk about his bright future.

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Wilshire has suffered a massive dip as well, it's too much to expect young lads to playe every game, and in Jordans case it's 90mins every game.

13. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I thought that Chelsea were immense in the 2nd half, i still feel that 2 - 4 didn't reflect the game, thought that our midfield sat far to deep in the 2nd half inviting them onto us....Suicide. I think 2 - 3 would have been a fairer score but we just turned off in the dying moments of the game. Anyways chin up for the Stoke which is more than winnable.