1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disappointing

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyet's Eleven, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Disappointed today, we didn't defend any where near our usual standard, we were ****e. Played some great stuff in the first half, but second half we were shocking, stood off them when we needed to score and all we did was kick it up to Gyan, who was hardly going to beat Terry in the air. Jordan Henderson frustrates me so much! Always sideways or backwards passes, never forward, which was getting me angry considering we needed to score!! El Mohamdy, where the hell did he get the nickname 'the Egyptian Beckham'?! Can't cross at all, never attacks the full-back either! His crosses never beat the first man and I think Henderson should play there, because he can beat his man and cross and as I said helps us no way in centre midfield with his negative passes.

I think we definitely missed a holding midfielder today, they completely dominated the midfield, because they were given so much space.

Impresses with Sessengon and I'm sure we'll see the best of him when gets back to match fitness. We looked good going forward, but for me 4-5-1/4-1-1 isn't what we should be playing, I know we couldn't play anyone with Gyan, but still I don't think we should play one up front. Gyan was stranded, but still did alright IMO. Malbranque was excellent, considering his age his work rate was brilliant. Our defence was surprisingly poor today, although Chelsea going forward where brilliant, Gordon made some crucial saves and kept the score down. Bardsley was alright and his goal was great, but still not up to the performances I've come to expect. Richardson was alright, but take away his goal and he didn't do too much.

Chelsea were excellent and made it very hard for us to play and IMO deserved their four goals (and it could've been more). I was however disappointed with how easy their players seemed to go down.

Overall I am obviously disappointed, but we've just got to put it behind us and get three points next week.

2. Apone

Apone Active Member

Bearing in mind we were up against a really good side in top form, I'm not too disappointed.

I agree to a certain extent about Henderson. Felt he was anonymous tonight but maybe you can put that down to the standard of opposition.

We were definitely missing some bite in the midfield, Meyler Catts or even Muntari may have made a difference, but to be honest Chelsea were so good I'm not even sure it would have.

3. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and say well done to the opposition, we are nowhere near chelsea's level and to be fair they would have beat anyone on tonights performance, they were truely magnificent but we hung in there so no complaints from me ktf

4. CityBlackCat

CityBlackCat New Member

Agree completely Murray Out. Think the original poster is way over the top with his criticism. Sometimes you lose to a better team and we p layed some good football in doing so.

5. Poyet's Eleven

I agree they, were amazing, but what got to me is how we played in the second half, I personally wouldn't mind if we played 'ugly' football and beat Chelsea, but you play to your strengths and kicking it up to somebody who won't win the header isn't our strength. We did play some good football though, when we managed to knock it down.

6. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

MBPICH - don't be too down on them marra Chelsea were pretty good and pulled us out of shape, few teams would have got two goals and conceded more than 4(the last goal was harsh), first half we were good.

7. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

****e is a bit strong mate!
    We just played a Chelsea that are starting to get into their stride with a team of world class players, with our weakened team.

8. Poyet's Eleven

Mackemman

We were good in the first half and I'm proud, they were amazing. But as I said before the way we defended was unacceptable.

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Mate you've dived way overboard here, in my opinion.

Without a doubt, Catts or Muntari would have made a massive difference in terms of our ball retention/winning in the centre but the simple fact is this.

Chelsea in the second half were breathtaking, i kept pointing at people going look at the movement, they wer quite simply magnificent, the runs of Anelka, Cole, Drogba, Kalou and at time Bosingwa were timed and paced to perfection and they left us chasing shadows at time, but is there any shame in it?

I thought we'd win, but am i ashamed we got knocked about a bit by the REAL Chelsea second half? Am i i bollocks.

As always our players grafted and tried and gave their all, Chelsea would have got a minimum of 2 goals against ANY side in that second half, against a 'poor' side, they may have got 6 or 7 in 45 minutes.

We move on, this is a game the mojority of us had down as a 'nil poit', lets reflect on a sensational game of football, Bardsley stealing Roberto Carlos boots, and a promising debut for Sess, even if it was in fits and starts.

WE ARE SUNDERLAND(Chelsea, lest we forget, are the champions!)

10. Poyet's Eleven

BruceysBeak

Maybe I have, but I still think everything I said is valid (for this particular game anyway). Chelsea didn't let us play and it was very hard for the midfield to grasp control.

I agree that their movement was excellent and I don't think we'll ship four again this season, but I obviously am disappointed as the goals, mainly came from individual unforced errors.

11. BOB T

BOB T New Member

how many games is anelka going to rip us apart wish we had him

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not having a gomate, and a lot of what you say is close to spot on, but i dare say a lot of teams in the league facing that Chelsea tonight with no holding player whatsoever, would have been annihalated.

We were in the game till the 92nd minute, for a 5-4 season victory over the champions.

Sometimes, you just gotta say, the oppo were terrific, that's 3 seasons in a row i've seen us lose to Chelsea, and thought '****ing hell, it's not so hard to take cos they are fantastic'

And they really are, when in shape.

13. Poyet's Eleven

I agree, now we need to focus on staying 6th after our 6 next games.

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We'll turn Stoke over i reckon, Sessegnon struggled to get in the game, but **** me he's quick, and willing to run, looks like he loves the ball.

He could cause Stoke some massive problems, hopefully Sulley and Catts will be in to boss the middle.

Mention to Steeeed, he grafted his little belgian bollocks off tonight.

15. Poyet's Eleven

Yeah, like I said Steed was fantastic, I think it depends on the space Sessengon gets, today Chelsea gave him none but, if Stoke give him space I think he will rip them apart. Funny really, last year all we played was two holding mids now for a couple of weeks we haven't had one!<yikes>

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, i'd maybe drop Mensah back in, it's harsh on Anton, but Mensah is world class, and we've given away a lot of chances, and 5 goals, last 2.

Don't rush Catts, drop Muntari in, i'd say give Jordan a rest, or for Steeed, and stick with Ricco backing up Gyan.

3 in 2 is not too shabby, and i think Ricco could prove his worth in that role.

17. Poyet's Eleven

I think that would be the best thing to do for Henderson, but Bruce doesn't seem to like that idea, here's what I'd play on Saturday:

---Gordon----
    Onohua-Mensah-Bramble-Bardo
    Elmo-Muntari-Steed-Sess
    -------Kieron---------
    ----Gyan-------

Maybe swap Richardson and Sessengon.

Would've been good to get a left winger in though (excluding Miliband)

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'd go with that exact team mate.

No shame for us tonight, we turned up, we just weren't good enough.

They've tanked teams playing a hell of a lot worse than that, Bolton last week, prime example.

19. Poyet's Eleven

I know, it's frustrating watching us when the other team plays so good, Liverpool at Anfield comes to mind. They were simply brilliant and would win the title comfortably if they performed like that week in week out.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Not this season mate, we tortured the ****ers and got robbed by a ****er ref!

I'm gonna see if i can get down on saturday, i just fancy us for a decent win, odd after being handed our arse and bollocks back in a barbie handbag!