1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Di Resta and Sutil confirmed by Forca India

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Forza Bianchi, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Force India have finally confirmed Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil as their drivers for the 2011 season. Nico Hulkenburg has also been confirmed as reserve driver.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9371985.stm

Great news that we have a third British driver on the grid - and I believe thoroughly deserves to be in F1 after setting promising lap times in Friday Practice as well as winning the DTM. Sutil is higly rated in Force India, so it will be interesting to compare the lap times of the two drivers.

I think it's a shame that someone as talented as Nico Hulkenburg is missing out on a seat next year, but hopefully he can use this experience and come back stronger in 2012. I don't think we've seen the end of his Formula One career just yet. Don't forget how Double World Champion Fernando Alonso became a test driver after his first year.

I guess this leaves Liuzzi out of a seat, although Kolles has suggested that Liuzzi is a potential driver for them if he is unable to drive for Force India.

2. HackerJack

HackerJack Member

It's a strange lineup isn't it. Hulk as reserve to Di Resta just seems wrong somehow.

3. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Poor Nico has been a bit hard done by in my opinion, but at least he will be thereabouts, I imagine Sutil will be the unofficial number one so Di Resta will have to be on his toes to keep Nico from getting a sniff of the action.

4. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd love Di Resta to out-qualify Sutil in Bahrain, that'd put an interesting dynamic into the team, as I imagine Sutil will be number one. Di Resta has got some decent experience behind him, in lower classes he was equal to Hamilton and Vettel, so he should be interesting to watch. I just hope he doesn't become too error prone, and can make an impact.
    I agree its a shame about Hulkenberg, but I guess Williams need the cash! Maldonado was no slouch in GP2 either.

So theres only one drivers spot up for grabs at HRT left? I think everyone else has confirmed.

5. Forza Bianchi

Sad thing about Nico is that he had improved so much already. He was almost matching Rubens Barrichello in the second half of the season. Rubens is the most experienced driver on the grid and is certainly one of the better drivers on the grid.

I really wanted Hulkenburg to drive alongside Kubica at Renault, and I think Nico is a much better driver than Petrov.

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives New Member

I agree its sad to see Hulkenberg out of a drive but he's prob better off as a test driver than at HRT though!

Di Resta is in his drive because he has big money behind him and more to the point a well oiled PR machine that started lobbying for him to get that seat at the begining of last season. Will be interesting to see if he can live up to the hype - much the same as Nico had too last year.

7. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

I am glad Hulkenberg still has his foot in the door, he has showed his class and deserves a seat imho, will make me mind up about Di Resta at the end of the season.

8. Forza Bianchi

Oh I just realised the title says "Forca India". How do I edit?

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Not sure on editing, I think we are all going to have to learn as we go!

10. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

No editing allowed lol:emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0116-evilg

cant edit on 606( editted to add "only articles LMAO) and if members can then it wont be like 606 to them, keep as much of 606 as you can.. lmao even bring in star ratings LMAO that will have the one star brigade here in there droves LMAO.

11. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

You can edit posts, just not the title etc.
    This is great news, and tbh Hulkenberg is pretty overrated, he got beaten by miles by Barichello. Who lets be honest, is way past his sell by date

12. Forza Bianchi

Fred, I think that's a little bit unfair to young Nico. Rubens Barrichello is the most experienced driver on the grid, who may be old, but still a good driver. Hulkenburg initially got destroyed (as you would expect), but by the second half of the season, Nico Hulkenburg did very well, often matching Barrichello. I think he was overhyped before his arrival, and then despite driving well for a rookie, did not live up to the hype.

13. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Thats what I mean, he's not bad but the hype made him look worse. Monza was a perfect example for me, when I was supporting Webber to take it (dont ask why :p) then he was cutting chicanes to keep positions. I expect him to do an Alonso but only with 1 title though

14. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

I think Hulk is more attractive than Di Resta but not as much as dear Fernando

15. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Nico did well for a rookie, better than Petrov. Im sure he will earn a race seat again. The boy has talent no doubt, no doubt! I mean he won GP2 and the A1 GP against a strong field

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

17. Forza Bianchi

Nico Hulkenberg will drive on the first morning of testing of Tuesday
    Paul di Resta will take over in the afternoon and will continue testing on Wednesday.
    Adrian Sutil is expected to drive the car on Thursday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89093

At the first test they will be driving a modified VJM02 - so in theory (due to experience) Sutil should be quickest, followed by Di Resta and then Hulkenburg. Also, track conditions should favour Sutil and Di Resta.

It would be very interesting if Hulkenburg sets a faster lap time then Sutil or Di Resta.

18. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully Nico will be given the same chance of friday testing as Paul did