1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Mar 31, 2017.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Right next to Papagayos national park...10 min walk from the golden papagayos beaches....went to timafayo volcano today....awesome landscape. Weather and everything gorgeous....having a great time....not even missing the Rs

UTRs and rangercol like this.
  2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

Best beaches in the Canary Islands, Spain: Papagayo, Lanzarote

This beach on Lanzarote, in Spain's Canary Islands, is known as Papagayo, and is a crescent of fine, white sand in a nature reserve.

please log in to view this image

Pack a cool-box with a picnic and plenty of drinks: you won't want to move once you get there

Why go?

A crescent of fine, white sand sheltered by cliffs, Papagayo is said by many to be the most beautiful beach on Lanzarote. It’s hidden away in Los Ajaches nature reserve – an area of volcanic hills – on the southern tip of the island.

Who goes?

Rather too many people in peak season, many of whom are staying in the nearby resort of Playa Blanca.

What is there to do?

Sunbathe, swim and snorkel. Gaze across the sea to Fuerteventura. If there are too many people cluttering up the sand, walk to the neighbouring bays of Las Mujeres, Pozo, Congrío or Muelas, which are quieter and popular with nudists.

Bars and bites

Pack a cool-box with a picnic and plenty of drinks: you won’t want to move once you get there.

Getting there

Following signs from Playa Blanca, drive for around 15 minutes along a road that soon turns into a track. There is a small charge to use the track and park by the beach. It is much more glamorous, however, to get there by water taxi from Playa Blanca.

Tourist information: 00 34 928 811762; www.turismolanzarote.com

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/b...-Canary-Islands-Spain-Papagayo-Lanzarote.html

qprbeth likes this.
  3. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

that's the spirit

4. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Agree with CCJ, don't you just love fans like this, one bad performance & it was very poor, throw their dummies out about getting a season ticket, get over it qpaagh

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Jeff what is it with QPR fans? Are we not allowed to question 'oh mighty Hollow'? Do you think that last night's performance was acceptable? Fans pay a lot of money to go away (especially on a Friday) and if the product is not good then they have every right to complain.
    I did not go and still want to know why Hollow's team spent 90mins trying to hoof it unsuccessfully to Smith. If it was one bad performance i wouldn't care but how do you explain Burton/Blackburn at home making the same mistakes?

rangercol likes this.
  6. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Absolutely true...think it is one of the best beaches I have been too....and so unspoilt.....seriously only one van there...it sells bottled water...

7. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Re: comment in that article - "Rather too many people in peak season, many of whom are staying in the nearby resort of Playa Blanca."

Would now be considered peak season? You've certainly whetted my appepite for a possible future vacation trip away from Winter here (actually Spring now, but still rather cold). How are the accomodations and food where you are staying Beth?

8. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't share your banal optimism Jeff. I used to think the difference between QPR fans and those you find elsewhere was that we were able to have an intelligent and witty debate about the club without the loyalty police getting their sticks out. Obviously times have changed.

9. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

No I don't think it was acceptable & was disgusted watching it, of course you can question Holloway & he couldn't understand why hoofing the ball to smith all of sudden after a bright start, it didn't work & should have changed players & formation at h/t, I can understand fans reaction but keep the faith & I'll judge "Holloway" next season.

ELLERS likes this.
  10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

The galling thing about our performance last night is that I thought we had our Rangers back. We've been very competitive in our last seven or eight games, and against Derby we simply wasn't. Everything that could go wrong seemed to do so. It reminded me of England's performance v Iceland in the World Cup, poor passing, not winning second balls no ambition or attacking nous in moving the ball up the pitch in an attempt to score. You can get away with the odd player here and there having an off day but last night we had nine of them. Hall and Perch were the only two who put in a decent performance.

As for the long ball up to Smith plan, well it was never going to work. We were about 15 yards too deep leaving Smith in isolation. It was easy for the two Derby centre backs to nullify him as well as having Bradley Johnson standing a yard in front of Smith he was never going to succeed. We allowed both of the Derby full backs
    ( Baird and Olsson ) to play high up the pitch, we should've been looking to play the ball into the channels and getting Derby turning and facing their own goal but I don't recall us doing that once. Instead they still persisted with trying to bang the ball up to Smith despite it not working the whole game.

A bad day at the office? I hope so.

11. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

A reality check?

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort?
    That's where we went. Loved it, with great all inclusive food and drink and wonderful surrounding area.
    Make sure you walk to the Marina that's 20 minutes walk along the coastal path.

Enjoy!

qprbeth likes this.
  13. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

999..that was unbelievably accurate and generous towards us. We were awful and as bad as any performance so far. We made Baird look like Ronaldo first half. Manning looked like al slower version of Faurlin which is q worrying given his age. Agree re perch and hall the only 2 worth more than 5/10. Smithies was an accident waiting to happen but no complaints with regards him. It had a very end of season feel about it and was typical of us and the new manager syndrome. Just hope we turn up at Brentford with different tactics and attitude as we owe them one and there will be a big turnout who will not accept us just rolling over.

Uber_Hoop and QPR999 like this.
  14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree with that though I'd give all 3 CB''s more than 5 as Ned did a lot of good stuff as well as 2 or 3 bad mistakes and deserved a 6 I think. Hall our best IMO.

15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I still can't fathom out why we let Baird maraude down our left flank and get so many crosses in? I can't recall the last time we afforded an opposition full back so much time and freedom.

Perhaps the squad have one eye on their summer holidays, which if that's the case is unacceptable. Friday's match is up there with one of the worse performances of the season along with Newcastle and Burton at home and Rotherham away.

QPR Oslo and rangercol like this.
  16. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

There's been too many saying we are already safe and planning for next season. Holloway himself said he was going scouting for future players last w.e. Maybe the players and him really think this season is done and lost focus. A risky mistake if that is the case.

QPR999 likes this.
  17. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Furlong had a shocker and seemed to be stuck in a kind of no-man's land neither well positioned enough to stop Derby coming forward or far enough up the pitch to help provide attacking options. His first really bad performance IMO but the real mystery is why that coincided with equally dire efforts from Smithies, Manning and Freeman who are the group of players we have got our future invested in. The back room staff clearl;y got it all wrong in terms of both tactics and motivation. And if ever a game needed Jamie Mackie's involvement this was it

QPR999 likes this.
  18. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I seem to remember some ding-dong matches against Brentford last time Ollie was managing so he'll know exactly what that match means to us...

19. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Very true. We were very poor. I hope that it was just a blip and that we put in a much better performance at Villa.

However, despite playing badly, our defence was quite solid, which I take as a positive

Let's see what team and tactics turn up at Villa on Tuesday evening. I expect quite a few changes.

20. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Small world Col..yup done Marina to the west...and the beaches to the east.
    Had a trip out to Timanfaya volcanos..yesterday....surreal landscape

Thinking of a trip to Yariza....to see Manrique's perfect Lanzarote village...then home on Thursday for Rangers on Friday........

From the sublime o the ridiculous! !

finglasqpr and rangercol like this.