1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby v City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

How to you think Tammy is worth???? Realistically we have all said, that all proceeds from the 14.5 we got for Kodjia should be put to securing him permanently, if not even more! 2.5 mil for our swede, 1.5 mil for dji tickets,half a mil for Taylor... How is that plucked out the air?

2. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Having watched the highlights, all Derby's goals looked good. I can see why a penalty was given but not sure if it was yet.

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Because Tammy could have been a disaster as it is he's scoring goals making him worth what you say......If all clubs, bigger than us knew he would deliver the way he has, do you think he would be with us??
    Having said that, the fact he is scoring I take your point!

4. ibodyslamrhinos

After 3 games of watching him if you said "would you swap Kodjia for Tammy" I'd have said yes everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. He is pedigree class. Worth every bit of 15 mil in today's barmy market. Will never happen though.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

How the ****ing hell was that a penalty?

7. ibodyslamrhinos

That goal from Bent was outstanding. One of the best I've seen all season.

8. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Said it was a dive on the radio, but LJ seemed to accept it was a pen

9. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

First half was the best football I've seen us play in a very long time. Derby had no answer and were forced into early changes. Had excellent chances to kill the game off at 3-1 but that next goal was to be proof vital and alas Derby got it . Would have been happy with a point at three o'clock and a month ago conceding an equaliser with ten minutes to go would have meant we would have lost the game. It's improving :angel:

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I'm gonna keep banging this drum..

We have the two worst full backs in the league.. weak minded, slow thinking and woefully unconfident.

Red Robin likes this.

11. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah by all accounts we were absolutely amazing first half. I dunno, I'm so confused with LJ.

I genuinely believe we have 70-80% of a promotion winning team (based on potential given a lot of our squad is so young). And people forget we were pretty decent for the whole start of the season. It's just one extreme or the other and it's doing my nut in, one minute I think LJ is a great young manager with potential and the next minute I want him to never come within a 10-mile radius of the club again.

Welcome to Bristol City. If you ever have children, make them follow Gaelic football or something. Has to be less confusing than this ****.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I wonder what they are saying about Steve McClaren, he is the exact opposite of LJ, experienced, ex-international manager, mature,assistant man at Man Utd, managed 2 clubs abroad, 4 clubs at Championship level or above bla,bla,bla.

Today he achieved the same as LJ, gave away 3 goals in one half and scored 3 goals in the other, ended up 3-3, the same, no better,no worse, I would say LJ did very well, as good as one of the top guys in our league, he equaled him on the day on his own tump and people are calling for him to be sacked.

Then I woke up, forgive me, I forgot, we are Bristol City FC....

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  13. ibodyslamrhinos

Yeah but how much has he spent? Derby aren't a big club. They are an average championship side like we are supposed to be and he has them challenging for the playoffs every year. We can't get to mid table after spending an absolute fortune.

I don't like or rate him, but he's done an above 'okay' job.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't think that is an accurate argument, this shows during seasons 2016/17 they spent roughly £14.4m, not that much difference than LJ or Bristol City..
    http://www.transferleague.co.uk/derby-county/english-football-teams/derby-county-transfers

15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Was allowing today's 3 goal lead to slip today due to a mistake or bad decision by LJ - can someone tell me?
    If yes then by all means criticise - and explain.
    If no the give him a break - I am very firmly in the 'LJ Out' camp, but just blaming everything on him isn't helpful.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  16. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Derby are a much bigger club than us tbf. Signed Vydra for £8m and Anya for £4m, both higher than our record fee. £5m on Tom Ince and £6m-£7m on Bradley Johnson last season too.

17. ibodyslamrhinos

18. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

To be fair, Derby made 2 subs when our second goal went it. How many managers would ever do that? It could be argued that he earned a point doing just that.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Mate, I'm not really far away from you, if they had lost today I would have joined the LJ time is up brigade, I'm just tweaking the lines and prodding the thought process, we are still above the watermark as far as I'm concerned, he is still there by right and I'm not going to call for him to go, you are entitled to your opinion of course..

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  20. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Might be something to do with their being two teams on the pitch and Derby are a decent side who improved second half and got thier tails up and the crowd behind them once they scored a decent first goal