1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread DERBY DAY SPECIAL - Norwich City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Feb 23, 2017.

?

PREDICT THE RESULT

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
  1. Canaries Win

73.9%
  2. Blues Win

8.7%
  3. Stalemate

17.4%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Give JM his chance (at least as a sub in our next 2 home games!!!!
    I also agree with your other 3 points carrow!!
    Still, should be a completely different game tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to it.
    He never tries any different tactics either.

2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Just back from the game well oiled and despite our obvious failings (although it must be said we did score AGAIN that is not an issue with our side IMO), my
    thoughts are that while Ipswich defended well that's all they really had to offer. The continuous pumping of the ball forwards with no attempt to play 'football' was reminiscent of Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s.
    Both teams clumped close together in various parts of the pitch as ball after ball was hoofed forward.
    Other than Sears who was taken off by that wise purveyor of anti football, every Towan player must have been at least 6'2" tall in order to accommodate this tactic.
    I would suggest Sir Bobby must be turning in his grave !

johnnywarksmoustache and JM Fan like this.
  3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Once again FML you have missed the point! How can you blame the manager when several golden opportunities were wasted? That's the players' fault, NOT the manager!

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Most games. For 2 seasons? Bit strange.

I've not missed the point. You missed it while your head was in the sand. :emoticon-0110-tongu

5. canary-dave

You called AN for not winning TODAY, so stop moving the bloody goal posts! I'm pretty sure you're not really as stupid as you are beginning to sound! <doh>

6. Forgot_My_Lines

Nope. I NEVER said "just because of this game today, he's a bellend"

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Oh, I forgot your tag Dave...<doh>

8. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry Dave, but WHO didn't sign another striker/allow a promising young striker to go on loan; WHO refuses to change tactics as PL used to; WHO signed Naismith, who whilst he worked hard today, hardly ever seemed to find a player in a yellow shirt????

10. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

As Sky pointed out though, in the last 4 years you have spent 50 odd million compared to our 1 million. So you can't blame tactics when he was clearing aiming not to get beaten, which he achieved. We also had some good spells of moving the ball on the ground, granted we didn't create much but did make the most of what little opportunities we had. You should've been 2-0 down at one point if it hadn't been for a blind ref!

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

We spent £50m because apparently going up gives you money to burn .
    We spent over £1m on a telly ffs...
    And your owner is far richer than our celebrity TV cook.

12. Castro Sito

Unfortunately our owner doesn't invest in players hence where we are! Just saying it's to be expected that you're in a better position to play "proper" football.

13. canary-dave

You mean he WILL be richer when he collects the £100 M or so that they owe him!

14. DUNCAN DONUTS

That's not a question mark !

15. canary-dave

It wasn't a question!

16. Castro Sito

This is true. Roy Keane and Paul Jewell set us back years!

17. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'll set them up you hit them out of the park Dave .<laugh>

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  18. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Whatever the ifs and buts.

We have had a lot more seasons recently in the PL and spent a lot more money than the binners.

All we could manage is a 1-1 draw. Sorry but it's a ****e state of affairs if you ask me.

JM Fan, DUNCAN DONUTS and KIO like this.
  19. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

February 26, 2017February 26, 2017
    Norwich City 1 Ipswich Town 1. Sunday 26th February 2017
    Overall a draw was a fair result and a little bit of history was created. Since Ipswich joined the Football League in 1938 this was the first season that both league matches against the old enemy ended in draws. Ipswich again failed to defend a 1-0 lead after the Derby Dane Jonas Knudsen netted in the 63rd minute for Ipswich.

Norwich fans will point to the number of saves that Bialkowski had to save, but Ipswich were denied a clear penalty in the first-half when David McGoldrick was bundled to the ground. At least both sets of fans can go in to work tomorrow with their heads up.

Norwich fans continue to be obsessed about us. They organised a special minute’s applause in the 15th minute to ‘commemorate’ Ipswich’s 15 consecutive seasons in the second tier of English football. What the Norwich fans didn’t expect was the travelling Ipswich fans taking their chant, amending it a bit and then singing it back to the Norwich fans.

Fifteen years in the Championship, we’re still famous and you’re still……

When I walked down to the ground I spotted a Norwich fan with 9-2 on the back of his shirt, in addition to this a number of grown men in the Barclay End were holding up their (11?) fingers in a 9-2 formation. What is this even about? Whenever have the scores in a season’s league games been added together to make an aggregate score? It’s not like it’s the UEFA Cup Final or anything?

Norwich fans are also confused about the three stars on our badge. BBC Norfolk presenter Rob Butler tweeted:

…congrats to Ipswich for getting a point. Deserves a star.

Well, no Rob, that’s not how it works. A brief history for the Norwich fans:

Star number 1: This is signified by Ipswich winning the First Division title in 1961-62. Ipswich became the first team from East Anglia to achieve this, actually scrub that, the only team from East Anglia to win English football’s highest accolade. I looked at your club programme and the ‘honours’ section shows that you finished 3rd in 1992-93. So it’s a bit like that, but a lot better.

Star number 2: This star is signified by Ipswich’s FA Cup win in 1978. Ipswich beat Arsenal 1-0 to become the first team from East Anglia to win the most famous cup competition in the world. Actually, the only team from East Anglia to lift the trophy. To get a feeling for why we think this is important, think how you felt when Norwich reached the Semi-Finals in 1958-59, 1988-89 or 1991-92. You must have been thrilled to reach the final four, probably similar to how the Wycombe Wanderers’ fans felt when they achieved the same feat in 2000-01. But again, actually winning the trophy is a much, much, better feeling.

Star number 3: Our final star refers to our UEFA Cup winning campaign in 1980-81. In fact this season, we finished second in the league (see ‘Star number 1’ for how you felt about finishing 3rd) and we reached the Semi-Final of the FA Cup (see ‘Star number 2’ to see how you felt with your best FA Cup achievement).

But back to the UEFA Cup. Looking at your programme you too have enjoyed European success. In 1993-94 you achieved the accolade of ‘Participants’. Other participants that season included Union Luxembourg and Dundee United. Do you remember how you felt when Jeremy Goss scored in the second round of the competition? Ecstatic no doubt. Well we felt the same but in an ever increasing level of ecstasy as we progressed all the way to the final and won it.
    I hope this has cleared up the confusion for you. We’ve won three significant things and you’ve done quite well in the same competitions. So actually you should be proud that you matched us over two games this season.

See you next season.

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

And now for something topical.

6523cf40764080ad178dff339f70c386.jpg

General Melchett and KIO like this.