1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Derby chief exec happy with new signings

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Derby County chief executive Tom Glick says the club should be "very happy" with their early dealings this summer, but suggested the Rams will bring in more players before the new season starts.

Glick told the club's official website that the rebuilding process is not yet complete.

Derby have already signed five players since the end of the season as Nigel Clough stregthens his squad for the new campaign.

Strikers Nathan Tyson, Theo Robinson and Jamie Ward, keeper Frank Fielding and midfielder Craig Bryson, have all signed up for next season.

Glick told fans in March that the club would be investing to build a team capable of finishing in the play-off places next May. He backed the statement up with a bold promise to refund season tickets to any fans who are unhappy with the make-up of the squad when the new season gets underway.

He said: "We are very happy with the business we have concluded so far.

"We made our move early to bring Frank Fielding, Jamie Ward and Theo Robinson to the Club, which was a great start for us.

"Frank is a goalkeeper who we have high hopes for and he has been excelling for the England under-21 team in Denmark, which is fantastic for both him and us.

"Everyone saw what Jamie can do with five goals in a short space of time and Theo is a promising young talent too.

"We had to bide our time with the next deals but we've managed to sign Craig Bryson and Nathan Tyson, who I am sure will be very valuable assets for us.

"Craig was, arguably, the best player at Kilmarnock and he was their captain as well.

"Nathan is a player who we know about having played against us on a number of occasions, and we've had our eye on him for some time.

"We feel good about the depth and quality in key places, but we're not done yet.

"We still have work to do and I'm not putting my feet up just yet; I don't think I'll be able to do that until the closure of the window at the end of August."

Glick says the early deals were the fruit of hard work behind the scenes, and that work was continuing to bring more players to Pride Park.

He continued: "We hope we are ahead of the game.

"A lot of hard work has taken place for a number of months preparing for this window.

"We had our number one targets in mind to make a move as soon as the season concluded.

"We have always said if we can get our targets sooner rather than later then it is better to have work done early, and also keeps them away from our competitors."