1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deportivo fan Dies

Discussion in 'La Liga' started by Ken Shabby, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I don't want to throw blame here as the facts are still scanty, but the reports are that fans of Deportivo and Atlético Madrid met at nine in the morning in Madrid (probably not by accident) an huge fight ensued, and two Deportivo fans either jumped or were thrown into the river, one of whom suffered head injuries and a cardiac arrest, and later died.
    Two orphaned children as a result of going to a football match. It's sickening, that people use football for such mindless ends, and the results are like this. There have been some arrests, and someone badly needs a long spell in prison after this.

2. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

But let's include all the facts - the Depor fan was a well-known hooligan and came to have a fight. Since then a Madrid taxi-driver has been charged with his murder, so your wish for a long sentence may be granted.

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

True enough Terry, the pólice rounded up fans from both sides and they'll all hopefully be going away for the Spanish equivalent of a fracas. You have to wnder about the mindset of the sort of fans who arrange this sort of meeting, just to kick the s**te out of each other. Then someone dies. Pesonally, I tink it's a tradgedy a father with children is murdered at a football match, but it's all a bit tempered by the fact they were scrapping 6 hours before kick off, by appointment.
    I'm happy enough they caught someone responsable.