1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Departures and Arrivals.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by golden porridge, Feb 1, 2011.

1. golden porridge

First post here.
    wasn't a member on 606 as i never quite got round to signing up.

Hate to think that the next time i see Torres he'll be wearing blue.. makes me feel sick to the stomach. i respect his decision to go, but it doesn't look like Chelski are going to win anything either, so i'm not quite on the same wavelength as the big man.
    he was one of my favourite players from LFC and i'm still a bit shocked he chose Chelski when he knows how much he meant to the LFC fans.. leaving without even an acknowledgement has just left me dissapointed.

Moving on though, what do you think of Suarez and Carroll?
    To me, £35m seems like alot of money for a relatively unproven striker, but it seems pretty good business after Torres dumped us in the **** leaving with such short notice. Only problem being that hes currently injured.

So, what do you think of the situation of Torres leaving and of our newlook strike partnership?

p.s. At least we got rid of Konchesky <doh>

2. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

2 strikers who want to be here > 1 moaning Spaniard

3. Roberto

Roberto Member

Let me be the first to welcome you sir <cheers>

In reply to your post, it&#8217;s a cold move I really was prepared to wish him well, but then the whole interview just changed that. Not even a snippet of remorse for the way things have gone down or even a thank you for all the club have done&#8230;

I was a big fan, I had my top with his name (last seasons thank **** lol) and I thought he&#8217;d be the legend of my generation that I&#8217;d tell my kids about like my dad told me about Kenny and Rush.

One thing as I&#8217;ve already said is the cold way he&#8217;s gone about this, when Luis Garcia left he wrote a personal note for the fans which he asked the club to publish on the website, when Alonso went he expressed how much he enjoyed his time and he&#8217;s been coming back to watch us all the time.. This is the way to be, that is why I still wear my Alonso shirt from 04/05 because the guy is class. Torres has shown just how heartless he is today and this really highlights his lack of class. Top notch striker but that&#8217;s it.

We look forward now, in the hope that our newest talismans can make us successful again and take us back to the top.

4. golden porridge

Do you think its too late?
    could he possibly say something soon?
    it already feels too late though.

5. Roberto

Roberto Member

I was hurting after the Transfer request and I still gave him the benefit of the doubt now I'm done with him. He can say what he likes. He's gone about this the wrong way and I hope he know's it!

6. golden porridge

Yeah i have to reluctantly agree.
    i just hope Carroll and Suarez will help us forget him a bit quicker by getting stuck right in