1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Demise of 606

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, May 31, 2011.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Just signed up for this board. Pleased to see a lot of the old names on here already.

It hurts to say but well done to the Jacks for yesterday. I was amazed at the torrent of bigotry from callers to Talksport on the usual topic of not allowing Welsh teams into the Prem. What a bunch of numpties.

Sad to see DJ go but it was necessary one way or the other. Wish he had resigned and gone out head held high but I guess the manner of his departure is a money thing although it appears the Malaysians rescinded his rolling 12 month contract when they came on board. I see one paper has Billy Davies down as a favourite to take over. :emoticon-0119-puke:

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

hi, swamp here, i've joined the migration too.

talksport - utter drivel, when you employ idiots like stan collymore and darren gough what do you expect? really poor station, stoppe listening ages ago.

as for jones, as i said on 606 before, he's done a 'good' job - but for me if you are the best paid manager in the league, with the best players, then 4th without promotion has to be deemed a failure, especially seeing as swansea have achieved more than what we have on a lower budget, with better football being played.

as for hsi successor, i'd go with the majority and say hughton or di matteo.

3. PhatFrog

PhatFrog Member

Guess who boys?? :emoticon-0116-evilg

Well, still in shock from yesterday. And as much as I dislike the Jacks, congratulations to them. The whole anti Welsh thing will only push me in hoping they do decent next season. But i'll stop short of going to watch them and actually checking their results next season.

You know what though? I'm genuinely excited for some cracking away trips next season and a new era for CCFC <party>

4. BluefromBridgend

I know who Phatfrog is (a very unflattering name for a former staunch Cardiff 606er who, shall we say, was slightly different from most of the rest of us). Come on guys, can you guess who this Nugget is?

Yes, it will be good to see some different away grounds. First game of the season, Brighton away in their shiny new ground? That would be a good start don't you think? Just don't drop any money while you are there. Groundbait!!!!

A welcome return for Peterboro as well. We had some good, sensible banter with their fans 2 years ago and I hope this will happen again. Where are you Minxy?

It is tough but we have to get over this deep depression and the early appointment of a new manager - hopefully one of the more positive ones from the list of rumoured names - should only help.

5. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

I also changed names when i left 606, i used to enjoy 606 but in the end i had a total and utter hatred for the snidy little gimp that is Aussie Jack, who at best you could describe as a 'backstabber extrodinaire'. So a fresh start on a new forum.
    All the best Ianandtomcitythruandthru/tomanddadblueforever

and yes I did see Ronny Moore Score, i am that old.....!

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

BlueyBridgend & swamp etc - where the bloody hell have you been - talk about late arrivals!....<laugh><laugh>

BlueyBridgend - already had a chat to minxey yesterday - see my thread "Erectile Dysfunction". She has the cure.................<whistle> <whistle>

7. BluefromBridgend

Sparkey, you are awful!!!!

Long time no "speak". How's Pandy? I lost one of my 2 last Autumn. A terrible day taking her on her last visit to the vets.

I hung on to the old 606 until the bitter end although didn't post much in the last 2 weeks due to a manic depression - not getting much better either.

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bluey - stayed off the Beeb 606 for the past month or so, it was getting boring. This forum is so much better. Besides, I had a gut feeling the Jacks would get there and wanted to avoid daiswan & Co...<laugh>

Pandy is OK and sends his love, but his new(ish) canine playmate is giving us some sleepless nights over his health. He's only 15 months, and has been through the mill - hopefully he's going in the right direction now. Problem is I'm almost £10K (yes 10 bloody K!) light in the wallet after the past 6 months. Forget pet insurance - they're a load of ****ers when it comes to paying out.

Glad to see you over here joining many of us who made the migration earlier. I did propose aber as a moderator, but he wasn't to keen...<laugh>

9. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Bet he'd take the job if it was on the Jacks section, can you imagine it <whistle>

10. BundesBluebird

BundesBluebird New Member

Sparky... Get the bloody tin out, need something to pick me up after yesterday...

Has The Cheese and Whiskey fiend made it over here yet?

B

11. DrewBlue

DrewBlue Member

Personally I prefer this site, it's got a proper 'Forum' feel to it. And I like the little extra's like putting images in your posts and having signature's and whatnot. Look forward to continued banter with everyone now I have the internet at home again :D

12. BluefromBridgend

John Hughes might have been a better alternative. LOL

Or Jones Out. Oh sorry, he won't be around now he's got his heart's desire.

Great to see so many former City 606er's on here. No matter what sh1t hits us we will bounce back!!!!

13. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

I's about, just not sure who I am over here yet ;)

14. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Hello bluetits ;)
    Has Brizzle Bluebird arrived ere yet ?

15. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Havent seen him yet Millens, but i am sure most will morph to this site, i find it better and most of the WUM's havent appeared as of yet !!!

16. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

HT

Good to see you on here keep the faith it looks like the powers that be at CCFC are going to straighten things out there, things will work out just fine, new broom new era for you bluebirds

17. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i honestly had no idea 606 was going, i seemed to remember something about breakaway sites, this being one of them, so i registered on the day it closed, lucky i remembered that :)

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Phatfrog good to see you on here, and welcome, hope you get the right manager, could well be a promising era that will be ushered in for you Bluebirds, by the right manager! All the best..................
    please log in to view this image

"Erectile Dysfunction" - Sparkey

So that's what has been keeping you so miserable!.....................
    please log in to view this image

19. Goodbyen0t606

Goodbyen0t606 Active Member

Good to see familiar faces around these parts :)

As stated earlier...well done Swans. I think we will have a tough season ahead but a very rewarding one (if that makes sense).

20. concernedincardiff2011

i'm ere, left 606 a while back after getting pissed and annoying a few people. What can I say, Brains black and strongbow don't mix. Stay tuned for more mental concerned style rantings for which i'll apologise for in advance