1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dembele to Spurs?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by fulhamish1977, Jun 8, 2011.

1. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

So, if one of us was a moderator, would that mean we could block idiots like random from getting into our forum? It's probably worth asking the question.

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Sorry, dr?

3. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

It has been rumoured that Al Fayed is giving a transfer fund of 15m, before any players are sold. For me, DONT let dembele go. Also, disagree witht he above that we are a selling club. All clubs sell, but I don't think we do in the way the spuds do. Saha was destined to play champions league football. Hopefully dembele is not.

4. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

TOSH
    My views entirely.

5. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

In recent seasons we seem to have invested quite a lot in hanging onto our best players, with the likes of Hangeland and Zamora given long term deals and Mark Hughes (Mark Who?) resisting Arsenal's attempts to sign Schwarzer. In terms of being a selling club - it's hard to resist when clubs the size of Man Utd come in for our best players, and over the years we've done a good job of getting good deals financially for players like Saha and Smalling. One thing is to sell at the right time. Dembele's still only 24, will get better the more he plays in the Premier League, and his value is likely to increase as a result. Selling him now for £10m would be a bad move, when a good season under Jol and a better goals tally will make him worth at least twice that. Dempsey, on the other hand, will be 29 be the end of next season, is at his peak as a player, and his transfer value will only go down as he approaches 30. If AC Milan came along with a good offer, now might be the time to sell and reinvest the money, and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to play in the Champions League.

6. random92

random92 Member

How's it idiotic what I said? I merely said he's not right for us, and strikers are judged on the number of goals they score, hence why Bent sold for alot, and Dembele doesn't score alot

7. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I'm not sure he was talking about anyone in particular. Just generalising.

8. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Dembele is also not a striker- hence you were being idiotic

9. random92

random92 Member

He's reported as a striker, and plays that way internationally, ergo, he's a striker is he not?

10. random92

random92 Member

Fair enough if thats what he meant. This is a sporting debate site, no need for name calling ;)

11. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Random92, I think it was more the way it was worded. That was why I jumped on the defensive to begin with, as it sounded like you were saying Spurs were too good for our player.
    However after reading a few more of your posts you actually seem to be adding some valid points which is of course fine and creates a good debate

12. random92

random92 Member

Lol, nah. Can't really say spurs are too good for anyone's players. Not that arrogant :) I probably should've reworded it, might've not got all your backs up at me, so sorry for that :) You guys actually seem to have debates on your board, other clubs just seem to post rubbish. I saw a pointless one on Arsenal's, about our moderator

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Apology accepted on my behalf.
    I have witnessed it so I know what you mean, seems to be a bit bitchy on other boards, I just think you get the odd WUM and teams constantly at each other throats and it means a full on slanging match appears and the game is forgotten

'you have been rubbish this season'
    'yeah but we have more in our trophy cabinet that you'
    'yeah but we have got more in the last 20 years'

14. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Random- he is portrayed as a striker as he played there often for us, due to our inuries. Arguably he plays there intenationally, but that is because Beligium have little others, and he is manoevrable. He is definately not the sort of player a top club should buy as a striker, as he is not that much of a goal scorer. he will become, i hope, a great winger, cutting inside, strong and quick.

15. random92

random92 Member

Ah right, fair enough I guess. If he does a good job for you, good for him. Sucks to see a player not do well at a club, unless it's Arsenal ;) We have so many failing strikers at spurs, and have had the problem for a while I guess, so when you see us going for a striker that doesn't have long track record, we get nervous. Bent, Crouch, Defoe etc etc

16. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down:
    We won it one time
    We've won it one tiiiiiime
    The Intertoto we won it one time
    <party>

17. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Thanks Random for your kind words. A proper gent.

18. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Yeah nice one Random, you could quite easily be a massive knob about it. But seriously, it was said before, Dembele isn't a striker. He's like the opposite to Ryan Babel at Liverpool (played as a winger when he was supposed to be a striker).

19. random92

random92 Member

Lol still debating with myself whether i should be ;) I joke i joke. Want all the London clubs to do well, gotta take the fight to Manchester and Liverpool, It's time for us to come good, and Babel was just, well, the polite phrase would be "a bit rubbish"

20. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I hope Dembele doesn't turn out like he did - always threatened to be a tidy player but never really got there.