1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dembele to Spurs?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by fulhamish1977, Jun 8, 2011.

1. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

According to the Telegraph Fulham have rejected a £10m bid from Spurs for Moussa Dembele. He's by no means the finished article, but I think he could thrive under the attacking style of play favoured by Jol. The bid was rejected before Jol's appointment, although Dembele was one of the first players he mentioned yesterday. Unless Spurs double their offer, I think we should hang onto him. What do others think?

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If the offer got much bigger, and we get suitable replacements in for second striker/left winger, then I'd be tempted. That said, we shouldn't sell him as the squad currently stands.

As I've said before Dembele may be one of those players who seems like he's going to be brilliant but never quite delivers what you need to nail down a permanent place in the side. If he isn't going to be a key member of the starting eleven (and that's a big if), then a bid of, say, £15mil is hard to ignore.

3. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Yep, commodore and Spurs may have some decent players in exchange.

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Keep him I say. Especially as he is only 24/25

5. Cottagecravens

I'd sell if it was 10 plus players of some quality in areas we are lacking such as Allan Hutton at LB. I always wonder if we can carry a luxury player such as Dembele in our side.

6. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I'd hate to see him leave at that price (though i'd take him in a straight swap for Hutton).

I don't think we've seen the extent of his potential, but we do know he's got two things that are hard to buy at any price: Berbatov-like control and a cranking left foot. Perhaps under Jol, he'll catch on a little better to the EPL game and blossom into a great player for us (before ManU buys him at £20M).

7. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

Jol will play him at left wing I think. It's what Dembele is best at. We have a full squad now. And with El Hamdaoui joining that is only going to further the squad. AJ might leave, but AJ's style suits Jol's style of play (Similar to Hodgson just a bit more emphasis on attack).

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree with FFC4L that left wing is Dembele's best position. What I'm not sure about is whether he's our best option there.

Is the El Hamdaoui transfer definitely on? I've only heard it as speculation, but FFC4L's comment sounds firmer than that.

9. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

I would hate to see him leave. he is a creative spark at times, something we do not have in any other player. I am a huge fan of him- do not let him go jol!!!

10. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

noooooo! We've got to keep him.

11. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

Ajax definitely want to sell him. We might be in the market for a striker so I suspect its highly likely we will get El Hamdaoui. Especially with Jol's relationship with him.

12. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Is Dembele any good?

I know he scored a cracking goal against us in the FA Cup but scoring only 3 league goals in 25 games doesn't sound good.

13. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Dembele isn't an out and out striker, his record at AZ proves just that. He isn't a goal hanger like Darren Bent, more the provider for people like Zamora and AJ. Incredibly skillful with the ball at his feet. Bought for £5 million, recieved a bid of double that after just one season, obviously Harry doesn't think the season Dembele had was 'doesn't sound good' ;)

Seriously hope we hang onto him, we could get double Spurs offer come a season's time.

14. random92

random92 Member

Really, keep him, he's not good enough to be in a top 6 side, simple as! All this talk that he'll get grow into someone magnificent, is just a load of rubbish. He's a mid table striker, nothing special

15. WhatDoesWoyWant?

But made your entire defence look like clowns only a few months back....

Ok we'll keep him if you insist

I guess 'Arry doesn't know what he's on about

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/GoaloftheSeason.aspx

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Wow. Just when I was beginning to change my whole perspective on Spuds fans.

One season in the Champions League and your already inflated ego's have hit a new high. Your strikers are as follows:

Defoe. Dreadful this season. Injury prone and out of sorts, probably shipped out this summer.
    Crouch. Another poor season from the star England striker. Oh wait, he can't get in the side ahead of either Bent or Zamora.
    Pavyluchenko. Incredibly hit and miss. Paid far too much for him.
    Keane. Woeful at West Ham where his competition came from a striker who had never played in England and Carlton Cole.

You guys would be lucky to have Dembele, but if you insist, we'll keep him.

17. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Wow, such a big opinion for someone who's probably barely watched him. If you had you'd know he's not an out-and-out striker, like others have said. We'll gladly keep him - maybe he'll help us put another 4 past you next season.

On the subject, Dembele is the kind of player we need to be keeping. He's youthful and creative in midfield, which are things we lack.

18. random92

random92 Member

I never said ours were any better, Hence why they're all avaliable. Pavlyuchenko is the only one I'd consider keeping. Defoe WAS awful, undoubtedly. Crouch just makes up play Route 1, which is rubbish. Keane, is he can't do it at West Ham, he's gotta go. I agree ours are rubbish, but if we're replacing them, then we need someone who'll score 20+ every season. Dembele may turn out to be a good striker, but right now, he wouldn't help us

19. random92

random92 Member

We don't need creative in midfield, we've got loads of that, we need someone to put all these chances away, which is as you've said, not what this guy is

20. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Far be it for me to agree with the opposition, but I think we may have been over rating Dembele a touch . He's a great dribbler (sometimes), but he doesn't score that many goals nor, perhaps more importantly create many for others. If the price was right and we made a fair profit it may be a good bit of business. There are plenty of players around who are as good in my view.