1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deeney..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Seems to be a lot of dislike for Troy now mainly because he is speaking a lot in the media.

Well he is but does that affect his game?

People say Deeney isn't doing this or that but still has scored goals and given Success hardly seems to be trusted so we haven't exactly got too many other options!

I suspect the club put Troy up because he is the most confident in front of the press and the media love his personal story...

2. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

What can he do if he isn't getting the service? If the club want someone to give interviews in English, if it can't come from the coaching staff, then the club captain is the next best option. I don't know if any of the rest of you saw his interview on SSN at the golf day for his Foundation. What he said was the party line in terms of not being played, but the tone of his voice gave away his true feelings about it. One of the comments about Terry leaving Chelsea was that he was captain under several managers and the first player new singings would meet - could we be saying that about TD when he leaves WFC? I would like to see him at the club long enough to earn a testimonial, even until he retires.

Scullion and Markthehorn like this.
  3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

How the script of 'we are not trying hard enough' can be an acceptable excuse in this day and age is beyond me..... but the same happened last season... perhaps no loyalty to the club for many players?

4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Deeney is getting thinner by the game due to lack of service.

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He certainly didn't get any yesterday.

6. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

He is unhappy with the management.
    He would go within the next 2 seasons as we adapt and change to the EPL anyway.
    Whether he is here next season depends on Mazzarri - if he stays then I think Deeney goes, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

7. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I think you are right.

I´d rather be playing mind and at least at WFC he knows he probably will.

He is so good in the air, we never get crosses in. I thought with Niang and Amrabat back he´d have more chances with the wing play and all.

I feel I have been moved to Sirea A (excuse spelling,) your man is feeding off scraps like and is a decent all round, old school striker...

He could do so much better with decent service but so could I like...

8. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I met two young disabled boys at my sons' football tournament at the weekend. Troy had given one of them his 100th goal boots and the other had another pair "he wore them in the Premiership". Lovely lads totally made up by these gestures. In the press? Not to my knowledge. But Troy is the sort to set up a foundation, help people in need, brighten the lives of young people, and not need to plaster his boat race over the media for the sake of his ego.

To me, he will always be in the very top echelons of Watford Legend.

And I agree with Mex about wide players and service.