1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deeney

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

2. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how he can be blamed - it says he did nothing other than refuse to be photographed with some, presumably drunken, guy that he didn't know. It hardly deserved the title 'brawl' - the bouncers simply ejected all involved.

Now - the police, on the other hand, deserve to be taken to task over their involvement in my opinion. If you watch the video, you can clearly see a WPC shoving Troy's wife away, and then threatening him with the pepper spray.

I defy anyone on here to say that they would stand still and allow that to happen to their wife...

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well probably nothing really happened apart from the usual late night minor dispute but as Troy is now a "football star" it gets headlines of sorts

Had it been any of our others players it would have not made the national papers.

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Given the relative sizes of my ex-wife and I, it would've probably been the other way round...

5. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Bit concerned by this. When it is not the first time and when he knows he attracts attention. He can't say it isn't expected even if that is a sad reflection on our society.

Surely there are places people with Troy's money can go and he can be looked after.

The club I think need to deal with it for the benefit of Troy, other players and the club.

Yes it is sad he cannot go anywhere and have a good time but with the money he earns and the role he plays in society he needs to take responsibility. And knowing his past he more than most should be aware of the issues.

Just my two penny's worth

6. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

I know I probably sound self rightious but a man in Troy's position and history, what is he doing going to a public area of a club? He should know better.
    If he must go to clubs instead of being home with his wife and kids he should go to VIP areas and be surrounded by people he trusts.

7. Bolton's Boots

But he was with his wife - and had friends with him.

8. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Are you sure his wife was there? I haven't seen her in the cctv released or the video outside or the written press. I must of read the wrong stories, have you got a link? I know he was with his mates.

If that is the case I'm still surprised he wasn't in a vip area to protect him from this sort of thing happening.

9. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

People seem to think he was but the police aren't going to care who is with whom if they is a bit of aggro to sort out.

They just want to try and defuse any potential situation breaking out.

10. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

The report I read in a national newspaper, I forget which one, said that somebody was pestering Deeny for a selfie and he declined several times. Then the man hit him and then the man's friend also hit Deeny. There was no mention of Deeny retaliating, but wouldn't anybody get angry with this provocation. Obviously Deeny's history in Birmingham is well known and maybe the men were looking to provoke Deeny. As I see it, he did nothing more than get angry when provoked which he is perfectly entitled to do. I see his reputation enhanced by the restraint he showed.

andytoprankin and Bolton's Boots like this.

11. Bolton's Boots

It certainly looked like his wife in the video in the Sun - the woman the WPC pushed away before telling Troy to 'get back' and holding the pepper spray to his face.

12. Bolton's Boots

13. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

The pepper spray is technically a firearm and perhaps the officer should be a little more circumspect in her readiness to use it.

Hornet-Fez and canary-dave like this.
  14. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was getting grief from a bloke in a ski queue abroad. I was trying to ignore him but my wife got so fed up she turned round and socked him one in the chest! That's my girl and 4" shorter than me. Took me by surprise too!

15. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

16. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

17. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Whilst I don't think that Deeney was at fault in this, I would have to raise the question of why it is apparently 'normal' for professional players to be in night clubs in the early hours of sunday mornings in mid season. From the look of the weight he is carrying around he could afford to drop this. You would be hard pushed to find this in many other sports - would you expect an olympic athlete to be in this position ? One of the main differences between Britain and some other countries is that in Spain, Italy or Germany footballers are seen as athletes, and are expected to live accordingly.

18. Bolton's Boots

I can't answer for other players, but in Troy's case I can't see what he has done was wrong. A Sunday morning, two weeks away from his next game, taking the opportunity to visit family & friends on the way home from Manchester and no suggestion that he had even had a drink, never mind that he was drunk.

The Spanish and Germans aren't so immune either...

Untitled.png Untitled2.png

19. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I noticed yesterday Deeney has lost whatever excess weight he was carrying at the start of the season, and he certainly looked as if he could jump again, and keep going for the whole game. I suspect that because of what happened before he carries a newspaper man around waiting to see what he does wrong.

Hornette_TID and Markthehorn like this.
  20. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Just glad the club handled it. Clearly it was discussed and put to bed. Good enough for me :emoticon-0142-happy

As for his fitness I think he looks great. He ran from defence to attack over and over on Saturday. And was a handful for the defenders. If I was 2% as fit :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Hornette_TID likes this.