1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Decent Everton interview at Sunderland site

Discussion in 'Everton' started by kingshirker, Nov 6, 2014.

1. kingshirker

kingshirker Member

As happens just about every season, we found a good Evertonian for the 'enemy camp' type interview at Salut! Sunderland (there was one exception a few seasons back, someone who struggled to muster more than half a dozen words for any answer).

Some great answers in this one but I especially liked this one summing up where Everton are in the pecking order:

Q And how far realistically can Martinez take Everton?

A It’s realistic for us to get into the Champions League over the next couple of years, and win domestic trophies. While we’ll never be able to compete financially with the Manchester clubs or Chelsea, the club appears to be financially sound given last week’s results. I’d much prefer to have a lifelong supporter such as Bill Kenwright as Chairman rather than be in the hands of foreign owners.

http://salutsunderland.com/2014/11/safc-v-everton-who-are-you-a-true-blue-jogs-the-memory/#sthash.nlenXB0q.dpuf

2. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Good interview from a proper football fan who is articulate to go with it..

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Howay lads, always had a soft spot for Sunderland, proper club with proper fans. Hate the Stadium of Wind though.

I watched your game on Monday and thought you mugged them off tbh and for the most part you looked mince.

Winning breeds confidence though so we'll be facing a side with their tails up today, hoping for the 3 points, but have a feeling the spoils will be shared