1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deadline Day..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 30, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

What is likely to happen at Bristol City over the next 24 hours before transfer deadline?
    please log in to view this image

It is set to be a busy final 24 hours of the transfer window for Bristol City as they hope to sure up four more deals.

So far this month the club has secured four signings and they are hoping to double that figure by the time the window slams shut at 11pm tomorrow night (January 31).

Head coach Lee Johnson has confirmed the Robins want to secure two more players for the senior team and two youngsters for the under 23s development squad.

It seems as though a defender is high up their agenda.

One bit of business they needed to complete before the deadline was Luke Freeman's deal with QPR.

The Loftus Road club has this afternoon confirmed that has now been completed and the winger has signed a three year deal.

Those working at BS3 are set to have a busy few hours with urgent transfer business on the agenda as well as preparing for their crucial clash against Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow night at Ashton Gate.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/what-i...fer-deadline/story-30097556-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

LJ hopes to get 4 in, 2 senior, 2 for development, he is fighting for his Bristol City life..

3. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I thought I read Ashton is sorting out the transfers, so Junior isn't involved?

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

At times like these, anything goes - the truth doesn't count; a 'rift' between LT and LJ, dressing room bustups etc.

What about the rumour LJ goes around sticking lighted cigarettes into junior players eyes..............?

Ok - I stole that from a story about Ched Evans, but who cares - it fits here with our plight and everyone's heightened tension, so its fair game.. but if I posted it on OTIB it would soon become 'fact' and the usual suspects would be re-posting it here as another weight to their cause and telling 'I told you so'.

I want LJ gone because I don't think he is ready for the job. I do NOT blame him for everything under the sun - that is clearly nonsense. I believe he is out of his depth - end of. Nothing personal.
    The man at the very top needs to take the blame for where we are - and only he can fix it - if he wants.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

It looks like he wants more players than points. wait a minute, already there!!!!

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Shall we make a Deadline Day thread, or stick to this one?

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Red Robin likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

New Manager next :1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Taylor is a very hot and cold player and performances is very much based on confidence. Personally, a player worth having but I wouldnt want him in a relegation dog fight.

If he goes to you, good luck to him and good luck with him <ok>

Supcon72 and Red Robin like this.
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Do you guys want Taylor?

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Welcome to our transfer deadline day blog, where we will be bringing you all the latest throughout the day on transfer news at Bristol City and Bristol Rovers.

We will also be keeping you up today with other deadline day news from around the Championship and League One.

It is set to be a busy day for Bristol City with the club wanting to make two signings in the final 12 hours of the window, while also having to face Sheffield Wednesday in a crucial clash tonight at Ashton Gate.

The Robins have staged talks with 24-year-old Southampton winger Lloyd Isgrove , who is available for transfer after failing to break into the first team squad at St Marys this season.

Meanwhile as plenty of rumours circulate in the final few hours, some are more realistic than others. One that is escalating in Bristol is that surrounding a move for Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor to arch rivals City. We will be discussing this.

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

When you hear reports Bristol City have triggered the release clause of Bristol Rovers top scorer Matty Taylor.

18. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

If he scores the goals to keep us up, then YES!!

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well this was my honest review on him in pre season when Leeds were linked with him.... http://www.not606.com/threads/darrell-clarke.329987/#post-9278528

I honestly am not fussed if we lose him. I think we can cope. Well I hope we can cope as he seems to be ok at our level. He will be a big gamble for you thats for sure <ok>

20. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

This is amazing. Purely for the Rovers meltdown if nothing else. That's worth a million quid alone in my eyes