1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David De Gea to Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Exactly - make the buggers dance for you.

You would most likely get Navas to replace him/compete with Romero as Perrera is really highly rated by Mourinho so might get a chance sooner rather then late.

You were linked with Kasper but we have slapped a £50m fee on him because without him we would have been buggered last season like Sigurddson and Swansea. You were also linked with Olbak but Athletico still have a transfer ban so won't let him move and Donnarumma has signed a new contract.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

With De Gea I genuinely believe he's happy to be here or he'd be happy to move also.

He seems to appreciate what it means to play for United and there's no doubt that if he's got to stay he'd give 100% so there's no reason to cave into Real Madrid at any point.

With that in mind, I'd tell them to break the world record or don't bother calling.

There has to be some perks to being the richest club in the world.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I agree with that. I think he's got to the point where he's not too bothered.

If you had asked this question 2 years ago when he was a fax paper away from moving to Real, i think he would have preferred to have gone back but i think he blames Real for dicking around and that's why his stance has changed.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I would even say £70m.

If they come back with a price close to this, it could be considered. But otherwise, they can go and whistle.

5. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

When will Real Madrid give up? If he wanted to go there he be there already.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  6. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

So long as we have a good replacement I don't think DdG is as essential to our season as he might have been 2 or three years ago. With a stronger defence and fewer saves made last year things can only improve and a stopper, while obviously important, is not as critical as it was when he was our only defence for a couple of seasons.

7. Tel (they/them)

A good back four are only as confident as the man behind them imo. We go into every season with DDG knowing that if he makes a **** up, he's got the balls to own it and to get over it, we can't say that about our other goalkeepers.

Pre-season is underway now, any players who are integral to our season should be told they're going nowhere at this point.

8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This is about who calls the shot and United's place in the hierarchy. United has IMO to stand firm and not give in. Even at £60m.

Real seem to think that they can just point the players they want and they'll get them. United have to say: DeGea is a player we still need and he is not moving unless and until he is surplus to requirements. And he is not. Even at £60m I would not sell him. With that money, who is better than him?

And £60m-£70m is not going to make a huge difference to United's transfer budget.

9. Tel (they/them)

Woodward has to be like Levy for sure. Do you reckon £60m would get us Lloris off him? I doubt it would personally. I think if Real want him then they should be given a price to make their eyes water. He's probably gonna have to take a pay cut to go there anyhow so I can't see him pushing for a transfer.

I'd be happy to do a swap with them, for Bale or for Kroos and if they don't want to shake hands then it's no deal all round.

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

You seem to know a lot about his thought processes, Bob <whistle>

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well me and David go way back.... :p

12. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I was thinking more 90-100 million. 70 for me is to cheap. When you look at the likes of Kyle Walker going for 55 then I think players like De Gea should go for a considerable amount more.

We don't need to sell either, so make Real pay 90, or they can look elsewhere.

13. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

JM confirming that De Gea will not be sold to RM - at least for the next few years - so good news. I suspect that was why we didn't get Morata, RM insisting that DdG went he other way.