1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dave McIntyre: Buzsaky Would Like to Stay With QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, May 11, 2011.

1. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Akos asks QPR for Premier League opportunity

AKOS Buzsaky insists he is good enough to play for QPR in the Premier League next season.

Widely seen as Rangers’ star man before injury problems and the arrival of Adel Taarabt, Buzsaky has been something of a bit-part player during the club’s promotion campaign.

Buzsaky was due to meet manager Neil Warnock this week, amid rumours the Hungarian playmaker could be among several players who will be told they are not in the manager’s plans.

“I have faith in my own ability and would love to play for QPR in the Premier League,” said Buzsaky.

“That’s what I came here for, but since then I have been unlucky with injuries and the club has also been through some difficult times.

“Now I am fit, QPR have won promotion – which I always believed we could in the end – and obviously I want to play a part in the future.”

Buzsaky, who recently turned 29, was one of the first arrivals at Rangers following the sale of the club to Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone in 2007.

The former Plymouth player has been hampered by ankle and knee problems, but was regarded as a first-choice player by Warnock before the start of the season.

He would have been selected for the opening game against Barnsley, but suffered a knock ahead of the game and his place went to Shaun Derry – who was, ironically, signed as a squad player but went on to be an almost ever-present and enjoyed a fantastic season.

“It’s up to the manager, of course. If he calls on me then it’s up to me to perform,” Buzsaky added.

“After my injuries, pre-season will be important for me. I do believe that after a good pre-season I can show my best form.

“I just want to celebrate this promotion and then have the best pre-season I can, so that I’m fully fit and ready to play if the manager picks me.”

http://www.wbtimes.co.uk/qpr/akos_asks_q....tunity_1_889967

2. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Dont think he will be here in all honesty but if Taarabt moves on then Warnock may think about keeping him as cover

3. Alan QPR Fuller

I like buzsaky and I think a fully fit player would fit in well in some capacity at qpr next season especially if taraabt is having a bad day at the office.

4. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Not good enough for us in the Ch'ship, certainly not good enough for us in the Prem. Sure he was classy for us a few years ago and chipped in with some great individual goals but all too often went missing in games. It was this trait that caused Madge to lose the head (literally) with him specifically rather than anyone else. I think Rowlands would be far more deserving of a chance than Buz but its best to shift them all out now and start afresh with some real quality.

5. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

oh **** off....ROWLANDS? R U ****ING SURE..theres a reason has come back from injury and in the squad and rowlands hasent...hes finished arrodant twat not celebrating with the rest of the players on saturday. Unlike ramage who dispite his contract being up and not getting a medel joined in

whats rowlands done to deserve a spot over anyone.

6. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Don't you two start again!

7. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

I notice that Swords Hoopster is not on your mates list

8. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

ME AND HIM AHHH hes my best mate

am i the only one who thinks he gives undeserved stick to buz?

9. Swords Hoopster

AAH me auld buddy QPRanger. I thought this thread would bring you out alright!:p

I did say that its best to move all the squad players on now INCLUDING Rowlands, but if I had to chose between the two it would defo be Rowly as he gives the team more. At another time I think Rowlands would make it in the Prem but with his injuries and age catching up, COLIN will let go.

I wasn't aware he refused to celebrate Promotion. That is bad form

10. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

i thought Buzz had a good half against Leeds if he trains on in pre-season would be worth a shout, and if Adel throws a wobbly we might need that type of player as Buzz will tackle back were Adel gets a nose bleed if he crosses the half way line

11. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Buzz has class. I'd like to see him get a chance to show it next year. Recovery from injury and coming on as a sub means we haven't seen him at his best, yet. In a 'No Adel' situation, I'd love to see how he and Ali could run the show for more than 20 minutes at the end of a game.

12. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

Swords, what is your problem with Buzsaky? He has quality, and is way more consistent than Adel.
    QPRanger, although he probably isnt good enough any more, Rowlands has been at the club for goodness knows how long.

13. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

personally, i would keep Buzz and review things in Jan. Gives him a chance in premier league. Hand on heat when I write this, but I would also keep Rowly and Cookie for 12 more months, but review again in Jan. Rowly is a decent Championship player who needs games. Cookie just needs games. There players I can see leaving and these include Danny ****tu, Fitz Hall, Cerny, Mahon, and Helguson.

Rowly has shown QPR loyalty and I think a 12 month contract is fitting. As so far as not celebrating I can only guess that while he is probably happy for the R's to go up, it means he was either disappointed not to have played a part or he knows he is off

14. Swords Hoopster

15. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

16. Swords Hoopster

Not at all. He was quality back then, no doubt about it. But its time to move on.