1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Darren Bent

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Tractor Tim, May 16, 2011.

1. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

One of our own and really just a class act. Two great goals yesterday. I take my hat off to him.....

Ipswich.
    Charlton
    Spurs
    Sunderland
    Villa

You have to hand it to the guy, wherever he has been, he has to be seen as one of the most consistent and prolific strikers there has been in the last decade. Even when his team(s) have been performing poorly and well down the table, he always comes up with the goods and features well towards the top of the scorers leader board. That's a real feat if you can transfer that from team to team as he has done. He must have been so gutted when that plank of a Leicester manager picked the unknown Walcott ahead of him for the world cup. That was a disgrace!

Well done Darren and keep up the good work. You really should be one of the first names on the England team sheet and we know youre an Ipswich boy really!

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Benty and Kuqi one word "AWESOME"

How we need a partnership like that for next season! Come on Marcus get your chequebook out!

3. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can never remember Bent being particularly prolific with one v ones. I remember thinking how he could have surpassed 30 goals that year if he had a bit more composure in front of goal....... Then low and behold he moves on and becomes the player we all hoped he would be. I think it proves that he moved on at the right time in his career and needed the new challenge. Definitely one of the best strikers in the country and possibly one of the most underrated.