1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Darrell Clarke Signs a New Contract with the Club

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Stollie, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Stollie

Stollie Active Member

We are delighted to announce that Darrell Clarke has accepted a new five year contract to remain as manager of Bristol Rovers Football Club.

Discussions between Darrell, his agent, and the club’s owner and directors have been ongoing since the end of last season and were concluded this week, with all parties looking forward to building on what has been achieved in the last three years.

Club President Wael Al Qadi said; “I am so pleased that Darrell has decided to extend his stay with us. We were very keen for him to remain in charge and to build on the success he has brought to the club in a very short time.

“It was important, we felt, to ensure we had the man we wanted at the helm. With Darrell as manager, we feel that the club is in a stable position and we are confident that he will continue to move us forward.

“These are exciting times for Bristol Rovers Football Club and we look forward to Darrell guiding us to greater success.”

Darrell said; “I am delighted to have committed my long-term future to Bristol Rovers. I am very proud and honoured to be the manager at this football club.

“I would like to thank the club’s owners and directors for giving me the opportunity to continue, long term, to take the club forward and I would also like to thank our amazing fans whose support to me, personally, is second to none.

“I am looking forward to getting pre-season underway and building towards our new campaign.”

2. Stollie

Stollie Active Member

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Great news says I.

Only issue is, if it all goes tits up and he gets sacked, thats a pretty big pay off!!

But its great we have him tied down for so long and this shows the owners are right behind DC's vision and it shows that the club matches DC's ambitions for the club.

Happy days as DC says!

Stollie likes this.
  5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh great 5 more seasons of ****e Striker signings :emoticon-0136-giggl

Stollie likes this.
  6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It won't go tits up as long as DC is at the helm. Great news!

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I don't think DC would have signed a new contract if he didn't think that the board would back him in his ambition to take this club forward