1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Danny Welbeck...

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ballin' Boy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

So, how much do you REALLY need Danny Welbeck? Can we have him for £9m+ add ons? An excellent player who has proven plenty of Sunderland supporters wrong... But you don't REALLY need him, do you?

2. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I think he has a big future at United. Tell me this though, you'll have seen him play more games in teh Sunderland team this year than he has done at United in the past. Where do you think he plays best, out wide or through the middle?

3. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

If the answer to that question is out wide he'll come back. If it's up front he'll be sold. Too many strikers atm with Roo, Berba and Chicha, with Macheda coming back and Owen probably retiring with us.

4. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

He's wasted out wide. No coincidence that he started scoring when playing centrally. So you might as well sell him to us if you plan to use him as a winger...

5. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

maybe a swap deal with jordan henderson.

6. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Funnily enough, I am actually David Gill, Chief Executive of Manchester United Football Club. I accept your offer. Send a cheque to:
    David Gill
    Manchester United
    Sir Matt Busby Way
    Old Trafford
    Manchester
    M16 0RA

7. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

Not bad.

8. Dave A

Dave A Member

It depends on what happens with other players coming and going in the summer I guess. fergie has publicly ruled a sale out but we know that doesn't mean anything definite. I think Hernandez has been brilliant considering it's his first season, so I guess it depends on who Fergie valeues the most, Welbeck or Macheda. Owen may stay but he's still not going to get many games, Rooney and Berbatov will stay as first choice and Hernandez will probably be 3rd choise. So whoever else stays will be backup to those along with Owen. I think Diouf is as good as gone already, but if we buy another striker, especially an established one, then welbeck and Mecheda could potentially go.