1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Danny Ings

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Captain, I hear that interest in your lad from Bournemouth is hotting up. Unfortunately not involving us but instead L'Pool and Newcastle. Time for another missive to Mr Jol.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I watched Ings play 90 minutes for Bournemouth in a friendly yesterday afternoon. If a move was imminent, Bournemouth would probably have pulled him from the game rather than risk an injury.

Apparently, Fulham offered £1million for him as soon as last season had finished, then came back with an improved offer (£1.25m, I think), which was also refused. So far this summer Bournemouth have sold three key players (Hollands, Pearce and my favourite Wiggins, if anyone cares) and the chairman has been talking in the local press about not wanting to sell any more. My best guess is that Ings won't go anywhere before January, as the club aren't as strapped for cash as they usually are, and are hoping that Ings will have another good season to push his price up. I'm not sure how long he's got on his contract, but I think they would only sell in January if time is running out or they got a stupidly big offer. At this stage, I think he's unproven enough that I wouldn't want us to offer much more than we already have. As I've said before, I rate him, but he would be a gamble at Premier League level. He'd be a good fit with Zamora though.

3. Penguin

Penguin Member

He sounds good. And, of course, Ings can only get better.....

Sorry.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

ha ha!

5. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Penguin=That's bad <doh>

If we did sign him you are starting that chant up, would be a laugh