1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Damage limitation

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Feb 16, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I think this is the end for Wenger but to avoid a potential disaster, we need to make sure that we get cracking on contingency plans NOW. I would be expecting the management have been looking around for a replacement for the past year or so, and this should now go into overdrive now in Feb.

Wenger's main brief should be securing CL qualification and stepping down as soon as possible when this has been achieved. The new manager coming in should have the squad as early as possible to see who is good and get rid of unnecessary players. A budget should be allocated to get replacements over the summer as well.

The biggest issue for me is do we have the right people in management to get this sorted and would Wenger have a hand in the replacement? I personally wouldn't let Wenger near this process.

I would make Simone my number one target.

Any thoughts guys?

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hot property is Simeone, by far the best option.

3. lazarus20000

We are one of the best options from Europe to pick from barring the top 3. He'll have a large salary, large budget, big stadium, good squad and large fan base. Lastly, he'll be up against the best managers in the world of a very competitive league. Why not?

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You'd be a good option as long as he given the funds to buy and the wages to offer. Will your money machine allow this? I sort of hope so I'd like to see the old Gunners of days gone by again.

5. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

Atletico are about to move to a brand new 73,000 seater stadium so I doubt Simeone will leave them.

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

If you appointed Simone he would sell almost your entire squad. Cannot stomach players with no fight in them.

Alan Pardew is available <whistle>

7. lazarus20000

Marvellous...:(

We really have shot ourselves in the foot with dragging on with Wenger. We missed out on so many managers for the past few years. The shortsightedness of our management is infuriating!

Quilllogic and Sign Da Ting like this.
  8. lazarus20000

Wenger's future is in his own hands
    David Ornstein

BBC Sport

A decision on the future of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be made at the end of the season.

Despite Wednesday's Champions League last-16 first leg thrashing at Bayern Munich, there is currently no prospect of Wenger leaving before the summer.

The 67-year-old has already been offered a new contract and it remains on the table.

Although that suggests Wenger's future is entirely in his own hands, it is expected the decision for him to stay or leave will be mutual between the Frenchman and the club he has been in charge of for more than 20 years.

This shows the intent from the management right there. No ambition whatsoever from them. A bunch of suits in charge of a football club that are only worried about their profit margin. But that profit margin will inevitably take a tumble when you have so many more better managers out there to Wenger. The league has moved on but the Arsenal board remain in the past, feeding off Wenger's past achievements.

Quilllogic and luvgonzo like this.
  9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It was around this time last year the atmosphere starting getting really toxic at games. Wenger seemed to get a bit upset by that so hopefully it will get a lot worse now to force change a bit more aggressively. There's no way a man who's taking our club down the swanny deserves support.

#supportArsenalnotindividuals

gooner4ever likes this.
  10. yossarian

The decision to gift you 2nd place last season begins to make sense now. We basically saved his neck.

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

12. lazarus20000

I can't see him staying beyond this season. Even he's got to see that he doesn't have it anymore. After so many years trying to build up HIS team, only to be battered again by Bayern has got to have opened his eyes. I mean, he can't win the league and now been knocked out of the CL in Feb, what is the point? He won't do any better than pick up another domestic cup. Also, staying in the top 4 is the only real thing left, after that, it would have repercussions for the new manager coming in. I ust hope he qualifies for the CL again so that the new manager doesn't have a harder job on his hands.

13. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

What about Zidane? If Real tumble out of the CL, Perez will get shot of him.

It does feel that Arsenal's management are stuck in a timewarp. Maybe even Wenger himself with regard to training and tactics. On paper Arsenal have probably the 4th best squad in the PL, (it is better than Liverpool's and Tottenham's) and it has been that way for years, never getting any better. This season it might not be enough to secure 4th, given that Klopp and Pochettino are arguably better tacticians who are able to get more from their squads. One thing I am certain, neither Spurs nor Liverpool would have caved in, in the manner that Arsenal managed to achieve last night. And neither would Manchester United or Chelsea.

Quilllogic and luvgonzo like this.
  15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No mate you were just ****. Nothing more.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Am I the only one who was watching Sky Sports on Wednesday when they said Simeone had his contract changed to end in 2018 instead of 2020 because he wants to go back to manage in Italy where he made his name as a player :huh:

17. yossarian

i wish i could disagree with you

PINKIE and luvgonzo like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would love to see simeone at Arsenal, but I think it's a long shot. I'd be happy to see allegri in there too. Wenger is still a top class manager imo, but I think he's run out of ideas a t Arsenal and we have become very predictable.

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

No evidence of this. Anyway, let's not derail.

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

To keep a club in the top 4 for the last 20 years, says he's still a top class manager. The point though is that it seems he can't take Arsenal to the next level, which is where we should be aiming.

Rubbersoul likes this.