1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dalla Valle watch

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Captain Morgan, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've just posted this on the old site, but I'm guessing that many of you don't go there any more (shame), so I'll put it here too.

--------

I saw LDV play the first half of Bournemouth's game on Saturday. He was no worse than anyone else in a poor Bournemouth display, so it wasn't really a conclusive piece of evidence one way or another. He was always looking to make something happen, and had two or three half-chances that didn't come to anything. He was pushed off the ball a few times and gave away a handful of fouls - possibly two related facts, but I think most of the fouls were just clumsy and mistimed rather than intentional.

He came off at half-time to be replaced by a more experienced striker. I think he was a victim of the manager needing to change things round, rather than the weak link in the team. I'm going to watch Bournemouth again on Easter Monday, so if LDV plays I'll let you know what I thought.

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Thank you Commodore. Looks as though the lad's not quite ready for a premiership run out yet then.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Possibly, Rocky, but not necessarily the case. He didn't get a lot of chance in front of goal and friends of mine who have seen his other performances for Bournemouth say he's really good. I think I picked a bad day to see him. As I said, Bournemouth were really quite poor in the first half, and although LDV went off before the improved second half, the improvement wasn't down to his absence (or the presence of Steve Lovell, who replaced him). The jury's still out, I think.

4. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

The Cherries have been incredibly poor of late, so I wouldn't take a lot of notice of LDV's recent form. Only an exceptional player can stand out in a poor team. Keep up updated Captain.