1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Thread - Sunday 3rd Feb

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by As We Know, Feb 2, 2013.

1. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Punchestown
    1.20 Ned Buntline 10/3
    1.50 Civena 12/1
    3.20 Lambro 5/2

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Mussleburgh 3.30 Brick Red 2/1
    Punchestown 3:20 Quiscover Fontaine 9/1

3. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

My fancy for the Triumph Hurdle Kashmir Peak runs tomorrow in the Scottish Triumph Hurdle Trial at Musselburgh tomorrow and I think the 11/10 on offer is a fantastic price. He's 2 from 2 over hurdles with his last effort beating tomorrow's main market rival Samtegal by 1L in receipt of 3lb at Doncaster in a Grade 2 back in December and although they race off level weights tomorrow I will be shocked if the form is reversed. I fully expect Kashmir Peak to remain undefeated over hurdles and run a huge race in the Triumph Hurdle and I've had a large bet that he is successful tomorrow.

4. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Also a fan of KP. Betting like a man tomorrow and done KP and Don Cossack singles and large double. This will fund Cheltenam.

5. stick

stick Bumper King

PUSH ME Lingfield 4.10 9-1 won here over this trip last Feb and bids for a repeat off the same mark. The key to his exceptional chance tomorrow is the addition of the fine young apprentice Robert Tart taking a very handy 7lbs off his back. I think they have been lining this one up for a little touch and tomorrow looks to be the day.

6. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

That Pertemps qualifier is a right fecking teaser but I will be having a bit of e/w on the mare Oscars Business. Won as she liked over fences last time and finished a close 4th in a listed hurdle around this time last year. About 16s I reckon so that will do me.

Sizing Europe / Overturn double for the shortie-lovers <ok>

7. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

I'll be keeping a close, close eye on Berties Dream in this race (although I don't expect him to go close to winning). I absolutely adore this fella and he well and truly comes alive at Cheltenham and if he turns up in the Pertemps Final I'll be very keen to back him.

8. OddDog

Staff Member

All about qualifying for the final tomorrow ROTO, but Oscars Business has no chance off her current mark (even if she wins 20L and is upped 17lbs) so I think they'll be trying to win tomorrow <ok>

9. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

No time for a proper write up but I quite like the look of Philip Kirby's Agglestone Rock 14/1 in the 4.30 Musselburgh on what will be his first start over hurdles in 652 days. He was last seen in the NH sphere when absolutely annihilating a Class 3 handicap off a mark of 111 back in April 2011 and he was clearly off injured for quite a while. He came back from injury in October last year and he had 3 good blow outs on the flat (finished well beaten each occasion) which should hopefully have gotten him back to full fitness and off a mark of 116 if he's the same horse as when last seen over hurdles he could be absolutely thrown in. At only 8 years old, he should definitely still not be over the hill age wise and I think its also worth nothing that he's achieved an even higher level than this over fences (winner off 127). His regular pilot James Best takes the ride in this Conditional Jockeys contest and if he's ready to roll then I think he'll run a very nice race.

10. OddDog

Staff Member

That class 3 fixed brush handicap hurdle Agglestone Rock won looked a weak affair tbh ROTO and absolutely nothing has come out of it. I'm just waiting for someone to post the old "Divers looks interesting off this mark" comment against this race <laugh>. I like the look of the 4YO in the race ..................

11. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

True Oddy but he could have won by 25-30L had he tried and he looked like he was a progressive horse. Only 5lb higher and this looks a winnable contest. Don't mind taking a chance at 14s.

12. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

Yeah Berties has the mark to get in (just about!) so I'd be shocked if he gets close to winning. I don't think anything would make me happier than if he won at the Festival again!

13. OddDog

Staff Member

Best of luck with him mate <ok> definitely a &#8364;2 e/w race <laugh> fecking nightmare <doh>

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I notice Divers is going tomorrow (16.30 Musselburgh). Could be interesting off this mark.

15. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Ron..<rofl>

16. The General

The General Member

Like the look of Arbor Supreme tomorrow in the National trial at Punchestown. I am a big fan of this horse although it can be hard to catch him right, he is in a good run of form right now and is still very well handicapped. Another massive positive for me is that Maurice Linehan goes over to take the ride as he gets on very well with the horse and is fantastic value for his 5lb claim.

17. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Really interested in how Overturn gets on against Tetlami tomorrow. This is a real test.

18. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Brick Red @ 2/1 (GP)
    15:30 HANDICAP 2m

Kashmir Peak @ evens (GP)
    14:30 TRIUMPH HURDLE TRIAL (JUVENILE HURDLE) 2m

Murchu @ 11/2 (GP)
    15:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 4f

Quiscover Fontaine @ 8/1 (GP)
    15:20 DAN MOORE HANDICAP CHASE 2M

Arabella Boy @ 3/1 (GP)
    14:50 CROSS COUNTRY CHASE 3m

Colbert Station @ 2/1 (GP)
    13:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 3m

Byerley Babe @ 11/8 (GP)
    12:50 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 4f

Don Cossack @ 11/10 (GP)
    13:20 MOSCOW FLYER NOVICE HURDLE 2m

SMALL goliath and a EW acca

put this in yer pipe and smoke it boys JOB DONE JAILCASE BROWN ENVELOPE JOB

Off to see me accountant to see where i should invest my winning, thats as soon as i get this jacket off !!!!!!!!!!! Nurse Nurse help me

19. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Samtegal to draw the sting out of Kashmir with a front running ride today, the swing in the weights and a more positive ride could make all the difference. I think the pair should be the same price.

I have also backed According To Trev and Calaf at 7s and 8s respectively.

20. ckbirchyboy

ckbirchyboy New Member

My Scat Daddy 3.40 ling for me today