1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dack

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 21, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

It's all over now.

Thanks for everything Bradley, very much doubt we will see you in a Gills shirt again after today, but if you decide to stay then I'd be more than happy, but you have to think of your future fella <ok>

2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Suspended last 2 games. Needs to go. Not the same player as last season. Dont no where his career will go though.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb
    I'm not sure if you have used the incorrect vowel in the thread title !

ok - it's a bit harsh - but he hasn't covered himself in glory this season

4. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

When you come to the end of a lollipop.....your heart goes plop Sing it again Max ( Bygraves that is, not Ehmer)

5. brb

brb CR250

I think I've highlighted many a time that Dack and Cody in my opinion cannot play in the same team.

I have high regard for Dack's ability much the same as many of different opinion do for Cody.

So much so, I place an argument to supporters that despite Cody's scoring prowess we are facing the risk of relegation.

Now people will blame the team, but we had a perfectly good set up a season back when Cody was out injured. Back at that time I wrote one of the best performances I had ever seen.

Cody returns and the team went into free fall and lost us our closest opportunity of Championship in many years.

I'm not blaming Cody, after all we are a team, my point is my TEAM would not include Cody if Dack was available. Cody is getting older now and no longer applies the pressure he did when he was younger.

It might sound like I'm slatting Cody, but I want to make it clear that I'm not, my view is purely about team set ups. The very same reason he was not in favour at Norwich and Coventry.

We decided to make a team built around a free scorer but sadly we did not give him the big guy up front. Whereas Dack does not need that, so I think we applied the wrong star player, hence why we are where we are despite all Cody's goals.

Personally if I was Dack I would be proper p'd off to, for example would you put Cody in defence, no. So why take the p and put Dack there! Imagine the uproar if that had been Cody.

However, the irony of all this is if we stay up I will be looking towards those two Cody goals a few weeks back, yet if we go down, I will look to the changes a season back on the front two.

The sadness of this take is if loyalty and passion counted for anything Cody would be up there, but as in pirates (supporters) seeking treasure the glimmer of silver can result in your failure, the gypsy curse of GFC, or would that be the mirage of Scally sitting on an oasis.

I've never pretended to be a tactician and am prepared to be shot down lol - but yet again today we messed it up with a tinker that saw us face defeat.

I wish Dack all the best for the future because we quite simply always live in the past when it comes to messiah's and club legends, rather than reality where goals count in our favour rather than a disillusioned passion.

It's the equivalent of owning two cars, one that is Ferrari with a powerful engine but the gearbox is stuck in reverse, or a smart car that can nip in and out of any space <whistle>

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017