1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cyclists

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I was threatened with "Hit and run " on my bike years ago when I smashed into a telephone van parked on the side of the road while the guy was up the pole .
    I brushed my self off and carried on and the guy came down the pole and came after me in the van .Was he pissed , I told him he was to far from the curb and to fuk off. Never heard anything from him or his employer after .
    Just looked up at the last second and was able to shoulder the crash without a scratch on the bike . Should have seen the massive dent in his back door to the van though ..lol

2. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Cyclists are entitled to ride two abreast on roads but on narrow lanes or if the road is busy,showing a little consideration for other road users by riding single file wouldn't go amiss.

Stumpy likes this.
  3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Bikes are great in dry weather its men in Lycra that scares me ! :emoticon-0172-mooni
    Balls of steel needed to ride every day on our roads too !

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The one thing i do agree with is if you are going to ride on the road then you should attend a course done by the police on how to ride a bike safely. The police run these courses regularly and you get a certificate when you pass....Cars can be more dangerous when they are badly parked also and i hate these Bike riders that ride on the pavement too....If you need to use the pavement for any reason then get off and wheel your bike safely.... There is good and bad on both sides but the car is far more dangerous and more likely to seriously injure people than bikes.....cyclists are more prone to injure themselves with bad cycling.....

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

<laugh><ok>

6. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I've seen the 'chase' before but not the full video. Makes the bellends fall even funnier <laugh>

Stumpy and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

£1700 for a push bike!
    The worlds gone crazy.
    More money than sense.

8. swantastic

Its true what they say, never discus politics, religion and riding bicycles with strangers ! <wah>

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

My mate is a serious cyclist and thinks nothing on going for a "little jaunt" that's about 60 miles. <yikes> His bike cost him over £3,000.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I agree with everything you stated apart from the last statement. Look at cities like Malmö, Copenhagen and Amsterdam. The infrastructure there is first class and an example of good town planning and foreword thinking. Then look at Swansea with all the resources spent on the bendy bus.

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I get that, swan. Our traffic planners are absolute ****e. But our roads are ridiculously crowded and getting worse. I remember when I returned from living in Australia. I was gobsmacked at the amount of cars on the road.

The bendy bus idea was folly as Swansea was buying the things just as other cities were ditching them. I'd love to see more cycle tracks but the cost would probably be prohibitive and government at every level has never prioritised transport.

12. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

It's just nonsensical economically. Putting barriers up will only reduce the uptake of cycling which will cause more problems for society as a whole. Who do you think pays for all the problems caused by motor vehicles. (Urban diffuse pollution amelioration in waterways, health problems caused by air pollution (NHS) and mitigation against climate change)

I don't buy the notion that cyclists believe that they're holier than thou for cycling either. For myself, it's a enjoyable method of transport where the benefits massively outweigh the negatives. (Personal fitness and cost)

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Yep I agree, the cost to completely change the whole infrastructure would be too great but a 10 year strategy it could be done. But politicians want short term solutions for political gain rather than actually having a long term strategy that will work.

Kifflom! likes this.
  14. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The Bendy bus fiasco has cost the tax payers of Swansea and district a hell of a lot of money and now there are 10 - 12 bendy buses sitting idle at Llanelli bus depot and to me nobody is being punished for this......These counsellors should be hung drawn and quartered whoever made the decision to buy these buses and i suspect they are not bus users.....

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You're starting to come across as a bit of a arse ,

Sorry I'll rephrase that , a full on arse <laugh>
    What I choose to do with my money is my business .I earned it & I'll spent it . I now feel a sense of contentment in thinking every time I go out on a ride clad in my body hugging lycra on my £1700 pound bike that there's hopefully a sad individual driving his £? priced car , sweating, who's heart rate is pounding, not through exercise but by stress watching my little legs pounding out the miles. <laugh> Bear in mind just in case you're finally got your pulse back to normal that theres a very good chance you'll see me on my way back as well , if you do call an ambulance you may need one

swanseaandproud likes this.
  16. swantastic

<laugh> lycra , little legs !
    NO ! v fgf ffgihu f.JPG ghg ggg.JPG chc cggy.JPG <yikes>

YES !! f  ffffh.JPG bkjn hhbk k.JPG :emoticon-0115-inlov

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Behave Matt.
    You took the bait.
    Sorry.

Edit....
    I do hope that the ambulance wording is not a threat.Your IP number is logged and very easily traceable if not by the site mods then by the web masters.
    I have never in my time posting on here threatened anyone with harm.But,if you feel that way over bike riding I feel sorry for you.
    Site moderators if I have out stepped the rules I apologize and will cease to post.
    Rgds.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    trundles left foot likes this.
  18. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Ok I think it's time to calm down. For the sake of harmony I think it's time to close this thread. I don't think it was a threat 55282 but understand your concern.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.