1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cyclists

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Fukn nuisances.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

NO...

Stumpy likes this.
  3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Yes, no respect for red lights. Hell last week one went straight through a red and I just stopped in time, from taking him out.

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Exactly the same as cars that run red lights......Common sense need to be a part of all who use our roads.......

5. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

A pain in the arse both on and off the road. More of a pain off because at least on the road they are generally not breaking the law off it 95% of the time they are. In the last 10 rears the advent of mountain biking is ruining the footpath network of this country, cutting trenches in the ground, which then fill with water when it rains and eventually a muddy morass is formed, which makes it unpleasant for walking, which is what a footpath is meant for.. Ron Davies was right last week when he called them a selfish group.

ValleyGraduate12 and 55282 like this.
  6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Mumbles Road today....riding 3 abreast talking to each other.
    Fukn tossers.
    Observe the highway code.
    Not only did they endanger their own lives but more importantly the lives of innocent motorists.
    For fuks sake a cycle path was built for the fukrs on the seafront.
    Rant over.
    Thankyou.

7. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It's the same between Dunvant and Gowerton a perfectly good tarmac cycle path running parallel with road but they still choose to ride on the road. I asked one once why and the reply was you can't go fast enough on the cycle path. Tossers the majority of them and SS282 you and I are not alone in our opinion of them.

55282 likes this.
  8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I wonder if you get this angry when car drivers jump lights , text or call on their phones , speed or any other indiscretion that most drivers nowadays commit .
    Not defending red light jumpers or other half wits who cycle who ride 3 abreast ( you are allowed to ride two abreast by the way ), but all car drivers should have a fortnight riding a bike on the road ,just to see the others side of the argument .I cycle regularly so I wonder 55282 are you one of too many who shout abuse , throw beer , cut up , don't see or deliberately get as close without actually hitting a cyclist but enough to cause distress ? . The highway code applies to all road users and that includes consideration for all road users.
    Maybe you've been inconvenienced by a minute or two but your comment about motorists being more important than cyclist pretty much sums the attitude of some motorists , Funny that some drivers are brave enough as happened to me last week to slow down alongside me I was just passing St Helens ground to shout abuse but when, as happened, refused to wind down his window when I caught up with him stopped at Sketty Lane to discuss his concerns as to why I had the cheek to ride on his road , he wasn't so brave then or the Arctic driver who funnily enough on the same stretch of road thought it amusing to take my life in his hands by not even attempting to overtake me but kept barrelling on as if I didn't exist . his problem was I had recently purchased a head camera so his number plate . company name his face and our conversation were all recorded . ( i'm pretty fit and with the adrenaline I caught up with him again at Sketty Lane lights. ) he wasn't so clever when the footage was shown to the Police. Just bear in mind a cyclist has every right to be on the highway and more are taking it up so get used to the idea and just as importantly more are recording their journeys .So you point about a cycle path means absolutely nothing .

By the way I hold a LGV licence ( HGV Class 1 ) and have done since 1982 so I have seen both sides perhaps you should try it

swantastic, Bap666, Stumpy and 2 others like this.
  9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I wonder would you care to call me a tosser to my face ?

Stumpy and swanseaandproud like this.
  10. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I have nothing personal against cyclist but they can be a nuisance. The red light jumping has been mentioned above but on Sunday mornings around our way you get Tour de France size peletons! Very often they are three abreast and over 20 in number - absolutely no chance of passing.

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I observe the highway code.
    I expect others too.

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

How would you overtake a tractor ? . recently cycling clubs and individual cycling have grown massively , the trouble is we as a nation are not conditioned and are not used to it , cycle lanes are an answer but only to those who feel uneasy using the roads and rightly so after reading some comments and seeing myself how dangerous it can be. If people could be more patient and have a better understanding of the environmental hazards out there with a very poor highway infrastructure not designed to accommodate those who choose to use the roads the better for all of us .

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Yes,if you were riding 3 abreast and talking on a very busy road.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

But your post is about cyclists only .

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

What has a veryy busy road and talking got to do with anything ,I wonder do you have your radio on or talk to your passengers ?

16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Seems my post has hit a nerve here.

Cyclists only.Yes.As it were they riding 3 abreast not car drivers driving 3 abreast.
    Yes I listen to the radio and talk to passengers.That is not against the law.Cyling 3 abreast is.

Edit.....I stand corrected.It is not against the law to ride 3 abreast but,against the highway code.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    trundles left foot likes this.
  17. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

If anyone tries to run Guidolin over on his way out of town , I'm on a plane hunting you down ..I'm watching you...

swantastic and 55282 like this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

As long as you keep away from me and me you thats all I care about .

19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

As long as you do not attempt to land it on the Mumbles Road.

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You want to see what we have to put up with on the North Gower road from Gowerton to Llanrhidian!!! bloody nuisance to say the least, I'm always blasting my horn when they are two or three abreast, I swear I'll run the buggers over one day............<laugh>

trundles left foot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.