1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Current team in PL

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Andri Sigporrson, Kennedy Backiricioglu and Mads Jorgensen were the signings in Champ Manager 00/01. Plus a 17 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Malmo.

Warmir Pouchov and Captainchaos. like this.
  2. TheDiceMan

TheDiceMan Member

Current squad, I think we stay up with Rafa's tactical nous in shutting teams down. Goals might be a worry, not sure our strikers will score regularly in the PL. Dummett and Colback need upgrading urgently, and a replacement for Anita too.

3. TheDiceMan

TheDiceMan Member

Not me. He's the sort of error-prone Hollywood distraction we've swapped for hard work in the last 9 months

4. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Joe Hart YES!

Would anyone take back Santon? Seen he's only managed about 12 games since returning to Inter and he would be a good replacement for Gamez.

Need a winger and a striker and although they are probably out of our reach, Oxlaide-Chamberlain or Townsend would be who I'd blow tens of millions on for the wing and Ballotelli (bessie mates with Davide) could be available in the summer having had his share of trouble again this year.

Don't call me deluded - people are linking us with Wayne Rooney hahaha

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

We can't replace the eleven so we have to work on the principal of having two competent players per position and cutting our cloth accordingly.

GK - Darlow/Elliot/Sels. None are PL quality, I don't think, but Darlow is young enough to learn. Low priority, but I'd personally take Hart.
    RB - Yedlin/Anita/Gamez. I think this is fine for now. Yedlin will learn, Anita does a job and if Gamez sticks around that's a fine third choice.
    CB - Lascelles/Clark/Hanley/Mbemba. This is a tough one. Rafa made Jamaal his captain, and Clark is clearly the best option, so I would think we'll stick with that. I can see Mbemba leaving, so we may buy here and need to.
    LB - Dummett/Haidara/Lazaar. Tough one. Dummy is improving, and Rafa rates him. Obviously we had high hopes for Lazaar so who knows maybe he'll come good? Obviously DPP will point out that Haidara is actually better than World Class. Galactic Class, perhaps.
    CM - Shelvey/Colback/Diame/Hayden. Have to buy someone who will compliment Shelvey, a composed and capable defensive midfielder.
    Wings - Ritchie/Atsu/Gouffran/Ameobi. Really short of options, Townsend is a must.
    AM - Nobody, really. We keep sticking players here but it's not working, we just don't have someone between the lines who can read the play and dictate a game. Constant weak link in the side, I think the majority of any budget so go here getting the best we can.
    CF - Gayle/Mitro/Murph/Perez/Arma. All unproven at top level, it's clear we need a bit of a rethink in this area. We just need to find a good striker, can we borrow Southampton's scouting reports? Constantly successful in this area, we've not had a reliable goalscorer for a while....

So we need a striker, a winger, an attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder minimum. Then possibly a left back and probably a goalkeeper. I'll go with..

Alex Lacazette, Nabil Fekir or Timo Werner. Just break the bank. Then Andros Townsend. Gylfi Sigurdsson. James McCarthy. Mitchell Dijks. Joe Hart.

Henry Boy, Obi Wan and Flash like this.
  6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought ibrahimovic it shows how long ago it was because he's like 36 and in that game I'd never heard of him , but when I stumbled across his stats I was like hello !

7. Captainchaos.

Any chance you could add up the arse to this and start up a poll thread

8. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Totally agree but we'd never buy all those players or anything close to that list.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  9. Captainchaos.

Plus it would be out of order if we try and buy our premiership survival

JakartaToon, G4rdToonArmy and Obi Wan like this.
  10. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

<laugh><ok>

Captainchaos. likes this.

11. Captainchaos.

Seriously do these idiots realise how daft they are

It's like me sitting enjoying my lunch next to a tramp and them turning around and saying "yeah but you paid for it "

12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Joe Hart is meant to be on £135k per week so unless they can't sell him and are willing to pay at least half his wages in a loan deal, and if the player suddenly fancies a relegation scrap, then talk of him coming to Newcastle is pie in the sky.

Mmmmmmm, piiiiiiieeeee.

Judge Death likes this.
  13. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

Joe Hart and Liverpool just makes sense, they've struggled for a good keeper for years.

I don't rate Darlow as much as everyone else and actually, of our young keepers think Sels has the most promise (ooo controversial!) but for the here and now I can't see Rafa using some of whatever budget he's given on this position.

I also think Mbemba leaving is MYM all over again. Two potentially good ball playing CBs that we wrote off/ruined too soon.

DM and AM are the two main areas for me so as mentioned above I'd sink a lot of the budget on those two. Sigurdsson is a great shout.

LB, LW & CF secondary but still needed. I don't know why people assume Townsend is an automatic transfer this summer, by all accounts he's playing well for Palace atm. Jese Rodriguez almost went to Boro of all places, if he's still unwanted by PSG in the summer we should consider him.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  14. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I take it back, I see he's out of contract in the summer. But.... he will still expect to be on huge wages which we won't pay for a keeper and I'd agree with the club on that one when we need to spend on so many other positions.

15. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Jari Litmanen for Ajax. Plus a young Finn called Jussi Kujala from Ajax too. Tommy Svindal Larsson

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

Taribo West, Michael Duff, Teddy Lucic, Bakayoko, Etherington, Cherno Samba, To Madeira - some classic FM names there. Were any of them any use in real life?

17. Warmir Pouchov

MYM was ****e. Mbemba is a different kettle of fish for me. Big error.

Sigurdsson would be a great signing. I think its unlikely but you never know unless you try.

18. Warmir Pouchov

How big do you think our budget is? <laugh>

19. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

Yes but once you've 'had' him would you put him in goal for Newcastle? :emoticon-0105-wink:

Obi Wan likes this.
  20. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

You liked a nordic player or 2 then?