1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cunning Plan ?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Home_and_Away, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Was it DM's plan to highlight our requirements to ES by playing his strongest team on Saturday??

Whatever the reasons, let's hope ES realises that ££££££'s are required to give us a fighting chance in 2017

======================================

David Moyes has managed to get some money out of Sunderland owner Ellis Short after his team’s goalless draw with Burnley exposed gaping holes in his squad.

Moyes played his strongest side , but had only one senior player on the bench, Republic of Ireland international John O’Shea, with the rest of the substitutes stepping up from the Academy.

With eight players out injured and another three at the African Cup of Nations, Moyes is desperately looking for bargains in this transfer window .

“We are looking for players,” said Moyes. “By looking, I don’t mean that we’re in there spending millions and millions. But are we looking at players and thinking about a few things? In our position, it’s not always that easy to attract players.”

Moyes would have preferred to avoid a replay, but still sent on O’Shea in the closing stages to help shore up the defence as Burnley finished strongly.

2. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Jesus...this all sounds so desperate, I fear for our club I really do.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I was amazed when he put a defender on near the end... We had attacking options on the bench, although not experienced ones, but at least it woyld have sent a message out that we were trying to win the game..

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

25p and some Aldi coupons.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I know Short isn't perfect but you have to imagine that he was well aware of the shortcomings in the squad before the Burnley game.

The only messages I got from the game is that Moyes has no guts and no faith in our youth players.

6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I think the idea of Moyes using this as a ploy to grab Shorts attention is so much nonsense. The size of the squad and the extra hammering through injuries is hardly a closely guarded secret. There`s no way Short couldn`t be aware.

The bench was packed with our academy lads and not one of them set foot on the pitch yet the youths Moyes brought in for the future get games ahead of them, I think that tells its own story.

Nacho and salad fingers like this.
  7. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Definately right here as Moyes tends to give the youngsters opportunities but Moyes quote implying that he wanted to win so did,nt play them.
    Seems mixed message , a bit vague and worrying unless he's taking a psychological chance with Short et al for funds.
    We'll soon find out

8. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Sorry to upset you mate but Aldi don't do coupons its just the straight 25p